Body Wraps. Are they good?

Hi guys!

I've bought a body wrapping kit to loose some inches but are they really beneficial? I know its the wrong time to be asking.
Opinions needed :) x

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    It just compresses water out of our body pretty much. So it's pretty much useless.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    They're supposed to be good to lose a bit of water weight. They're useless for losing fat or for any kind of long-term loss. The water will come right back in a couple of days.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    I guess it would depend if you wanted long term inch loss or was just looking for a temporary loss (for a party etc).
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Meh, if you're looking to look cute in a lil cocktail dress or something for the night I'm sure they're awesome. But they aren't a quick permanent fix, nothing is.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    General rule of thumb, if you have to ask is it likely to work it probably won't. It's very rare that someone asks "will exercise and a slight calorie deficit make me lose weight" :flowerforyou:
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    I use a belly wrap for when I'm working out because I like to see the sweat, makes me feel like i'm actually doing something worthy, haha. but I know it's just temporary water loss.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Use compression wrap - lose some water weight through sweating.

Drink some water - gain it back.

They are a quick fix. You might look a little slimmer for a day. Long term? Not a way to lose any real weight.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    They are fantastic with spinach and cheese!!!:laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    NO
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    back in the 70s my aunties were getting together, each one would bring a container of salt and lotion and saran wrap...
    they would mix the salt and lotion together in the kitchen , it would smell AWFUL from all the different lotions , and then they would slather the lotion /salt on each other and wrap tummies and hips and thighs in the saran wrap , and sit around and watch soap operas all day drinking coffee...

it never worked for more than the day , and they would all do it again like a month later, i think it was more about comraderie...
  • NikkiLeeBennett
    NikkiLeeBennett Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks!
    I was using it to give me a bit of a oomf in my weight loss. But I'll probs use it just for last minute nights out
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    I like to wrap my body around another body, I prefer a woman's..

I don't think that's what you're talking about though.
  • NikkiLeeBennett
    haha hilarious! but not what it's about i'm afraid.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    If you wear it under a dress during the majority of the time you'll be wearing it, sure.
    If not.. No. Spot reduction does not exist, your body will decide where the fat comes off from all on its own :flowerforyou:
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    I used body wraps before my beach trip last year. I did full body, spa style; not those "It Works" things.

ETA: I did this knowing very well that it was a temporary, cosmetic thing.

My skin looked great, and I did "tighten up" everywhere - I looked a little less lumpy and bumpy.

That being said, it took nine hours out of my life - an hour drive each way plus an hour in the wrap - and about $150 out of my wallet. (That's not even counting gas money!)

ETA: I did a series of three - as recommended by the spa "for best results."

NOT WORTH IT.
  • NikkiLeeBennett
    Has anybody done the 'ItWorks' wraps before?
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Hey hun. me and my sister do them ourselves she gets this espan salt stuff and she loss 5 inches over night. I do agree its not a long term thing but it does make me feel better. And i did it my self but only a inch came off and has stayed off aswell. Also me and my friend are going to do the striking violet one before going on holiday in august just for a little pamper.

You can always try it see what it likes. its recommend to do it a good few things for it to stick and get the best results.

May i add that ive wore my sweat waist band thing to bed for the pasted few night aprt from last night even though you are swearing like man. im glad that a inch as come off. i need more to fall off now ll x
  • coachbennettlhs
    coachbennettlhs Posts: 30 Member
    There's one specific company (not naming names) around central FL that does wraps and encourages wrap parties. I see their ads on cars everywhere now. it really disgusts me. It's so sad to see people just wanting a quick fix. These wraps are equivalent to the 'magic weight loss pill' that has never and will never exist.

So no, don't waste your time or money.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    I use a compression wrap during exercise but not for weight loss. I have a lump in my stomach and it hurts during exercise. don't know why but when i wear the compression wrap it hurts less to go further with my workouts. I don't wear it for water weight loss though.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    I use a compression wrap during exercise but not for weight loss. I have a lump in my stomach and it hurts during exercise. don't know why but when i wear the compression wrap it hurts less to go further with my workouts. I don't wear it for water weight loss though.
    Have you had this checked out to make sure it's not a hernia? Scary.