Test. Test. 1, 2, 3...

Options
dmd5252
dmd5252 Posts: 12 Member
Hello to the interwebz!

Thought I should finally post something on here after using the site for the past 3 weeks and silently trolling the forums. :D

28 year old grad student here living the hot life in Phoenix, Arizona.

Reason I'm on here: I was a fat kid growing up my entire life. 5 years ago, I was the biggest ever at 210 pounds. (I'm 5'7".) After a vacation with some friends to NYC, I saw the pictures of the trip on FB and I could barely recognize myself. We all have mental pictures of ourselves, and the pictures really put in to perspective how far my mental image was. I made the choice to make some changes. I lost about 50 pounds in about 2 years. During the past 3 years, I've ran 2 marathons, 3 half marathons, and a 5k. Still, I notice that I was still oscillating in my weight between the 160s and the 150s.

Well, I'm hoping that with the help of this site and any other active users that want to friend me, I can finally get to my goal of being in the low 140s without losing any of the muscle mass I've worked hard to gain. I'm still new to optimizing my ratio of protein/carb/fat in my diet, so don't throw too many acronyms at me if you feel the urge to offer advice. Ha.

Good luck out there! I'm off to eat my weekly donut.

Replies

• amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Great job taking the slow and steady method! Also, you have quite a few NSV's (Non scale victories). Marathons and 5k's are awesome and what I aspire to do soon.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me. I have struggled with my weight since middle school. I log in daily and try to be supportive to all my friends on here. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome............feel free to add me ....Congrats on all your NSV's...wishing you much success :smile: