Favorite high protein food

Options
Microwave chicken breast is so far at the top of my list 23 grams.My sister just started My Fitness Pal a week ago and put me on to microwaving a frozen chicken breast and how moist and good it is.I like shake and bake chicken but by doing it this way I save 250 calories.

Replies

• fiona9999
    fiona9999 Posts: 9
    Options
    It would be a lot better to oven bake the chicken! I know it tastes nicer, but the microwave often does not maintain a constant temperature so there's a high risk of bacteria
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mine is another variation of the same. Grilled chicken would be mine. I fillet, pound and season an entire package (3lbs) using three different spice variations. I'm good for several days after that.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm oven roasting an 8 pound bird right now. It makes the house smell SO.... GOOD. Probably going to use it in chicken salad this week, as I've been craving it recently.

I love eggs, too. Especially egg white omelettes.

And Quest bars. That's my latest "thing' now. MmmmmdeLISHousmmm. :love:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    proyo
  • nalm5150
    nalm5150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you like fish, swai is a good choice....besides being inexpensive, it's mild and has a nice texture....80 calories and 21 gms of protein per 4 oz. Most filets are about 8 ounces...Tastes great baked with lemon and a little butter....I even splurge now and then and bread the filets,,,,42 GMS of protein.....yehaw!
  • CSWalker1234
    CSWalker1234 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna in water is 39 grams of protein but I would have to mix it with some Lite Mayo.
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah most answers here will be about meat. I like a quick chicken breast thrown in the electric grill as much as the next guy.

BUT...

Dry split peas have the same amount of protein per weight (25 g) as chicken, and they have a HUGE amount of fiber - also 25 grams per 100g! This is a good ingredient to work into your dishes - casserole, soup, salad, mashed potatoes... Cooking them is easy – just let them simmer for 45-60 minutes. Can't go wrong.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Local smoked trout. Mmmm....
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah most answers here will be about meat. I like a quick chicken breast thrown in the electric grill as much as the next guy.

BUT...

Dry split peas have the same amount of protein per weight (25 g) as chicken, and they have a HUGE amount of fiber - also 25 grams per 100g! This is a good ingredient to work into your dishes - casserole, soup, salad, mashed potatoes... Cooking them is easy – just let them simmer for 45-60 minutes. Can't go wrong.

Split pea soup. :love: Now I'm going to have to make some.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken burgers or Greek yogurt. Lachs also rates high on the list, but I have to be in the mood for it.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with a touch of garlic salt is the best!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options

BUT...

Great suggestion often overlooked.
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    It would be a lot better to oven bake the chicken! I know it tastes nicer, but the microwave often does not maintain a constant temperature so there's a high risk of bacteria
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    The microwave doesn't cook as even as the oven or grill but I made sure the meat wasn't pink anymore.It would be bad to get sick from undercooked chicken.I think I'm going to have a tuna sandwich today in one of those Brownberry Pocket Thin Flatbreads.
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    If you like fish, swai is a good choice....besides being inexpensive, it's mild and has a nice texture....80 calories and 21 gms of protein per 4 oz. Most filets are about 8 ounces...Tastes great baked with lemon and a little butter....I even splurge now and then and bread the filets,,,,42 GMS of protein.....yehaw!

I will have to see where I can get that swai. How do you cook it?
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be so clean?lol, favorite protein would be a grilled steak, t bone. Or a baked salmon not over done...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sirloin steak.