Weigh Ins

Options
How often does everyone weigh in??? Weekly?

Replies

• ljones1979
    ljones1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do it every mon,,,,,
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I do weekly. Some do everyday though. Personnaly I would not recommend that if the fluctuations are gonna mess with your mind, as our weight fluctuates daily.
  • StephP0915
    StephP0915 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and I take my measurements every 3-4 weeks.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I only officially weigh-in weekly (official meaning I log my weight here). If you're someone who would be bothered by regular weight fluctuations then I don't recommend weighing (even unofficially) every day. The body can fluctuate significantly from day to day based on water weight and "bulk" in your system, and this can be really discouraging for some people. For that reason, it's best to weigh in once a week, the same day every week, in the morning after you use the bathroom but before you shower or eat anything for breakfast. Consistency is key in getting weight that is comparable.
  • amckay86
    Options
    Agreed! Every day would definitely frustrate me. Congrats on losing 15 pounds so far! Keep up the great work!!
  • amckay86
    Options
    Thanks! Congrats on losing almost 40 pounds!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Every day would definitely frustrate me. Congrats on losing 15 pounds so far! Keep up the great work!!

Why thank you. Good luck to you on your journey as well!!!
  • vivandtom
    Options
    once a week is enough, if you can resist getting on in between you will be much happier. It is heart breaking to get on the scales and they show you are a pound heavier when you have been really good for 3 days. Weighing weekly builds up a good reliable picture
  • amckay86
    Options
    As for measurements, do you use a regular fabric type tape? When measuring waist, do you measure right at the hips, or do you measure at the belly button?

Also, what other measurements do you reccomend? ( bust, butt, ..etc)

I am new here and welcome all feedback! Thanks!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every other day and my official day to record is every Sat morning. MWF nights I weigh myself before dinner and record the # on a white board. I compare those #'s weekly (mondays to mondays etc) so it's like having multiple weekly weigh ins, and its nice to see the overall trend heading down. Plus it helps me really understand how my body reacts to certain foods- some things make me put on "bloaty" fake weight for a few days, so I know not to eat them right before my weigh in.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it Mondays and Fridays. I like doing it twice a week so that I can monitor my habits and see their effects a little bit better, but it's not so often that it really picks up on the day ti day fluctuations.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    As for measurements, do you use a regular fabric type tape? When measuring waist, do you measure right at the hips, or do you measure at the belly button?

Also, what other measurements do you reccomend? ( bust, butt, ..etc)

I am new here and welcome all feedback! Thanks!!

I use the MyoTape - its designed to measure the body - pretty nifty, though a regular fabric type tape would probably work too. http://www.amazon.com/AccuFitness-MT05-MyoTape-Body-Measure/dp/B000G7YW7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294076247&sr=8-1

I measure all over: calves, thighs, hips, waist, lower ribcage, chest, upper arms and neck. I only do this every 3 months or so, though.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do it on Tuesday mornings, before eating and after going to the bathroom. That was if I ate a lil bad on the weekend, I can try to flush it out on Monday.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do it on Tuesday mornings, before eating and after going to the bathroom. That was if I ate a lil bad on the weekend, I can try to flush it out on Monday.

Same :)
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in twice a month. The weekly thing is driving me crazy - I've been up and down for a month!