Tracking Calories from deep fried foods

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello I was eating fish today which was deep fried in oil. I managed to measure the fish raw which was no problem. I have the problem of tracking the oil I guestimated 3 table spoons which equates to 372 calories. I only had 200 grams white fish. does this sound right

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I usually compare the food to restaurant food with nutrition info if im wondering. for instance I think one fried breaded fish filet from long john silvers is 260. So I would just say its around that amount. Cant see home made having more cals then at a fast food place.
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think the only way to measure the amount of oil accurately is to weigh the oil going in and then weigh it again when the fish is done and out. Subtract the leftover total from the original and you'll get the amount that is on the fish. Not to sure if that is a reasonable suggestion, but just a thought! If you just guess you could be off by hundreds of calories!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I think the only way to measure the amount of oil accurately is to weigh the oil going in and then weigh it again when the fish is done and out. Subtract the leftover total from the original and you'll get the amount that is on the fish. Not to sure if that is a reasonable suggestion, but just a thought! If you just guess you could be off by hundreds of calories!

I hate fried foods such a nuisance lol