trying to get more Fiber in my diet Ho

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello I'm really struggling to get more fiber in my diet. I was wondering any suggestions on how to get more fiber.

Thank you in Advance

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Did you need to call us all ho's?

But that part aside, I'm a big fan of frozen mixed berries for fiber.

Also popcorn.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. But it's science fiber and may not count =)
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Also popcorn.

sorry that was a typo and not intended apologies
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

are quest bars nice iv contemplated buying them
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

are quest bars nice iv contemplated buying them

They are indeed tasty. I've never had one I dislike, but I am most fond of the cookie dough and the cookies and cream flavors.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Also popcorn.

I was being silly, you didn't need to apologize.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There are breads, pastas, and cereals with a pretty high fiber count you could include. Otherwise, you could look into supplements like Benefiber, Metamucil or Fiber gummies.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Also popcorn.

I was being silly, you didn't need to apologize.

LOL kl thank you
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    There are breads, pastas, and cereals with a pretty high fiber count you could include. Otherwise, you could look into supplements like Benefiber, Metamucil or Fiber gummies.

I will look into them iv struggled to get high fiber in my diet for some reason
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just about every day I have oatmeal (6 g), edamame (8 g), and a quest bar (17 g). Now and then I make lentil soup (15 g) or cannellini beans and vegetables (15 g) from the Moosewood Cooks at Home cookbook. Yum.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and vegetables?
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fiber cereal -- all brans or Kashi go lean.
  • newgmartin
    newgmartin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't eat most grains and corn due to allergies (real ones, not "I have disordered eating and am being restrictive for lulz" allergies), so fiber can be a challenge to get enough of without eating legumes. Other nice sources are avocado, raspberries (also pretty low calorie and sugar), pears with skin.

If you like legumes/pulses, just a cup of split peas gives about 16 grams of fiber, so split pea soup or chana dal would be a good boost. You also get fiber and other good vitamins, minerals.

For supplementation, Yerba Prima makes a powdered psyllium husk that you can stir into drinks, it gives 5 grams fiber per rounded teaspoon. Lots of people on low carb diets use it as a supplement since it's just plain psyllium, no sugar or artificial additives and sweeteners.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a high fiber diet in order to prevent further issues with diverticulitis. My diary is open, and fiber is the main macro that I shoot for above all else, and I aim to get in 50 grams of the stuff a day. (if you peek in there, you'll see that I eat anything and everything)

I have found that a serving of oatmeal with craisins, fresh fruit, flaxseed and cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder will give me 10 to 13 grams of fiber in the morning. Lunches are often leftovers from last night's dinner, but not all my meals are high fiber, so I keep Oroweat's Healthfull bread on hand, which is 80 calories per delicious slice, and 5 grams of fiber each. Salads are not that fiber filled as you would think, unless you sprinkle on chickpeas, but they do help fill an empty belly, so they are sides to many of my lunches and dinners. Lentils, beans, cabbage, broccoli, sweet potatoes...these all have a lot of fiber in them.

Good for you, trying to increase your fiber intake! Happy eating, OP!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Veggies gave a lot of fibre in them. I've also been tracking my fibre the past munch and added chia seeds. I've been able to hit my goal just about everyday since.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Mission tortilla! 26g fiber for one tortilla. I usually use half (105 calories). Check the label, there are different kinds. Should be an easy substitution if you eat burritos of any kind.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mission tortilla! 26g fiber for one tortilla. I usually use half (105 calories). Check the label, there are different kinds. Should be an easy substitution if you eat burritos of any kind.

Which tortilla has 26g of fiber?
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    most of my fiber comes from veggies, oat bran, cocoa, and products that state "fiber" on the package (quest bars, wraps, etc)
    oh yeah beans too but I don't enjoy that....gas.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I take fiber gummies sometimes. They seem to help a lot. But I don't take them regularly, to be honest.

Kashi cereal is tasty. They have a lot of Fiber snacks now. Fiber One snacks are good, in my opinion. Breads, pastas, bran muffins. All offer fiber. Certain vegetables. Oatmeal. I eat a lot of oatmeal.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Which tortilla has 26g of fiber?

Mission carb balance whole wheat tortilla. Just checked in my fridge again it is indeed 26g! I also had it with breakfast and have an open diary.