Flushing out a bad meal

Options
nrheasley
nrheasley Posts: 78 Member
Hello!

I'm a college student in the midst of finals. Today, after working out for about an hour, I decided to splurge and get Jump! Asian express for lunch. I had steamed white rice, "grilled chicken" (it was awful. I'm not 100% convinced it was real chicken), water chestnuts, baby corn, and shredded carrots covered in Teriyaki. According to Jump's website, it's about 471 calories (although I'm not convinced of that, either. It just seems like it should be more). Because I didn't prepare it, it's really tough for me to enter it into MFP. It filled a standard Styrofoam carryout container.

It was a GIANT waste of calories that I'll never eat again, and I feel totally lousy. This whole healthy eating thing must be changing my pallet! But now I feel like crap and I keep telling myself, "Just skip dinner to make sure you stay under--you'll feel better." Is there a healthier way to try to flush this garbage out so I don't let these unhealthy thoughts get to me?? Thanks!

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You ate 471 calories of FOOD. What are you doing?!? Eat your dinner and ace those finals!!
  • jessthep1rate
    jessthep1rate Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Flush it out of your mind. :) Eating one 'bad' meal isn't going to change anything. If you feel hungry later, then eat normally. If not, eat something light. Listen to your body from here on out, eat healthy like you have been, and forget about it. The food isn't a problem at all, but dwelling on it and letting it get to you will be.
  • nrheasley
    Options
    I think I just needed some encouragement. Thanks, ladies!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I think I just needed some encouragement. Thanks, ladies!
    encouragement for what? You've eaten 471 calories of food you didn't like move on and make some food you do like.
  • nrheasley
    Options
    Fatdoob, these forums are here for MFP users to seek motivation, encourage, and support, WHATEVER the reason. Considering your progress, you should know that by now. Perhaps you shed your sense of empathy when you lost the weight. Thanks for the warning--I'll take care not to do the same.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In what world was what you ate unhealthy? And you tell me in this same world 471 calories for dinner is bad? :huh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I second (third?) move on. The only thing I'd do would be to drink a lot of water to make up for the sodium, but that's just me - I blow up like a balloon after too much sodium, I had high sodium food yesterday and today I have sausage fingers.
  • wheird
    Options
    Fatdoob, these forums are here for MFP users to seek motivation, encourage, and support, WHATEVER the reason. Considering your progress, you should know that by now. Perhaps you shed your sense of empathy when you lost the weight. Thanks for the warning--I'll take care not to do the same.

Oh? So you understand the intent of MFP's owners?

Since we're just randomly spouting off what we feel the forums are intended for, I feel they are here for the exchange of information. Sorry, that information isn't always wrapped in rainbows and sprinkled with glitter for you.
  • nrheasley
    Options
    It was essentially fast food. If you saw it, you'd understand--it was total garbage. I don't subscribe to the idea that all calories are equal.
  • nrheasley
    Options
    I second (third?) move on. The only thing I'd do would be to drink a lot of water to make up for the sodium, but that's just me - I blow up like a balloon after too much sodium, I had high sodium food yesterday and today I have sausage fingers.

That was the first thing I did! Thank you :)
  • wheird
    Options
    It was essentially fast food. If you saw it, you'd understand--it was total garbage. I don't subscribe to the idea that all calories are equal.

:huh: :noway:

Actually, I promised myself I would stop caring more about someone else's understanding of nutrition more than they do.

Good luck on your gurney, OP!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

And this notion has you freaking out over 471 calories of food. Notice anything wrong with this picture?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Unless you were eating something that was thrown away, it's not garbage. And if it was, I suggest not going through the garbage for your food. If you suspect the establishment got its food from the garbage, I'd go ahead and file a complaint with management or report it.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    ...this is your mother speaking....

Your body will filter it and dispose of it.

Drink some water. Eat an apple/whatever fruit that will cleanse your palate and make you feel better.

Move on and study and stop procrastinating on the internet. Naughty.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    anything "express" is probably going to taste bad. Especially if it's asian food
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    You ate 471 calories of FOOD. What are you doing?!? Eat your dinner and ace those finals!!

QFT
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    you are screwed. May as well just give up.

Lmao!! Sorry made me giggle
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Dayum that sounds good! ha
    Don't worry about it. =P
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    anything "express" is probably going to taste bad. Especially if it's asian food

Panda express is pretty bomb though.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just drink a couple glasses extra water to help with the bloat, and don't go back to that place again. :) Start over tomorrow.