Where is the weight loss in my stomach

Options
Lovinglish
Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
Hello, so I started of the year mid jan at 250 pounds. As of now I am 211. So ive lost close to 40 pounds and yet I still seem to not see it in my stomach at all. It looks the same. Has anyone else had that issue along their journey or is going through that now. That is fattest part of my body mostly every other part is small besides arms. Any pics of stomach progress would be appreciated but I would really like to here personal experiences. Thanks in advance

Replies

• kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    First, it sounds like you are an apple shape, which means your stomach and arms will be your first place to gain and the last place to lose. I am the same and yes, it does suck. The good news is that the more you lose the more you will notice in those places so you are probably right about to see a more regular drop in those areas. If you aren't already, keep track of your measurements. You will see progress on the tape before you will even notice it in pictures. This is at least my experience from before my last pregnancy.

Secondly, if you haven't started doing strength training yet, make sure you incorporate that into your workouts as well. Strength training has a way of changing your body composition more than just cardio alone.

Great job on your weight loss! Don't get discouraged. You will see loss in those areas if you keep going.
  • jenicejinxedmonds
    jenicejinxedmonds Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do ab work to help with that. Other than that, Good job on your weight loss!

45852634.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Waist fat for most is usually the last to go. Continue on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!