Looking forward to healthier times

Hello:

My name is Shelly. I am a 53 year old woman looking to lose about 35 pounds. My major motivation is health. My secondary motivation is my daughter's wedding next year. I want to look fabulous as the mother of the bride!

I could use all the support I can get. I've been at my current weight for about 15 years. I don't seem to go up or down...just stay the same. Hopefully, I'll achieve some measure of success. Thanks for the support.

Replies

• anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Welcome! I added you. I log in everyday and keep my diary open. Good luck!
  • shellyrae22
    shellyrae22 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you anallydiaz! The ability to see your diary is very helpful to me...;-)
  • Mazb1953
    Mazb1953 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Shelly,

I am a 60 year old who until moving to Spain 18 months ago managed to keep my weight in check. I've always had a problem with putting on weight if I'm not careful but have never been so heavy as I found myself at the start of this year.

I have lost 8lbs so far with about another 22 lbs left.

I have gone from working full time and commuting to working full time from home. Less exercise and eating too much haven't helped!

As far as exercise goes I took in a rescue dog who thinks every walk has to be done very quickly - so the brisk walking twice a day is helping.

I know what you mean about support. After always being able to lose weight easily I now find myself at an age when it just doesn't want to budge. Mutual support is definitely needed to keep my goal in sight. Oh and my goal is simply to feel good in my own skin again and to be able to get back into my clothes.

Good luck with your goal - it is certainly a good one. When I was mother of the bride I was luckily at one of my better weights and it certainly boosts your confidence.
  • Tmm10910
    Tmm10910 Posts: 18 Member
    I added you. I would love to help, and need support myself! :)
  • shellyrae22
    Thank you! I love your post and agree: feeling good in our own skin is most important! Love the rescue dog!
  • shellyrae22
    Thank you Tmm10910. I think support is critical.