Looking for easy NO OVEN NEEDED recipes for weight loss

Options
brookejowell16
brookejowell16 Posts: 14 Member
Hey,

So I travel for work ALL the time, and I need recipes that I can cook on the stove. Something simple that is healthy and no baking required. If anyone can help me out that would be amazing.

Thanks.

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Soup,eggs,healthy carry out ,eggs,grilled sandwiches,chicken tenders,oatmeal,pasta,salads etc
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    cous cous ... love that stuff. Throw in some salsa black beans and corn and there you go! Quick too!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad, tuna salad, salmon salad...but here is the trick. Replace the mayo with Greek yogurt and add half cup frozen corn and half cup frozen peas. Stir and voila! Country caviar- can of shoe peg corn drained, 2cans of black eyed peas drained, can of Rotel drained, can of petite diced tomatoes drained, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, tbsp minced onion, tbsp lime juice, drizzle of olive oil. Toss, refrigerate an hour and serve. Any pork tenderloin dumped in a crockpot with a can of broth and cooked for 4-5 hours. I like to pull most of the skin off a chicken, season it and put it in the crockpot with a can of broth. Whole chickens are often cheaper. You can make sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash in the microwave. Frozen Brussels sprouts also do well in microwave. A Salton 3 cup rice cooker is a small investment(about$18). 2 cups long grain brown basmati and 3 cups water and you have 5 servings of perfect rice in 20 minutes.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend organic dried fruit (no sugar added) for snacks - heat proof and AMAZING for travel
    Energy bars are the BOMB when you make them yourself, you can have as few or as many flavors and ingredients as you like! You can add protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, dried fruit, nuts, cocoa powder, really anything goes since you're the one making them!
    Here's a recipe for no-bake protein bars you may find useful, I googled a few for you!
    http://neilarey.com/recipes/homemade-no-bake-protein-bars.html - oats, pb, coconut cream, and protein powder base
    http://ohsheglows.com/2013/08/29/quick-n-easy-no-bake-protein-bars/ - same thing as above only all vegan!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Frittatas are great. Get a small non-stick frying pan you can take with you when traveling. If you sauté a couple cups of chopped vegetables in a teaspoon of oil, then add 3 large eggs (beaten with a whisk), mix, and then cook until the eggs are done, you'll have a tasty dinner for under 400 calories, and I find that a frittata keeps me feeling full for a very long time, far longer than the same amount of calories with meat or refined carbohydrates like bread or pasta.
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try tabouli salad, made with Burgle wheat, tomato, cucumber, green onion, mint, parsley, and I throw in a jalapeño. There are many recipe adaptations. The jalapeño is my own addition. There is no cooking just lots of chopping, burgle wheat is soaked in water to moisten and requires no cooking. This recipe also requires lemon , salt, and olive oil. I like to buy romaine lettuce, the long leaves, and spoon the tabouli inside like a taco . I make a batch every week for lunch. The texture is different but something I like. Good luck-happy eating!