Running NSV

Options
I ran my first Half Marathon today. I had tried to train for this race twice last year, but I wound up on the injured list. I wound up with IT band overuse injuries. The second time took a while for me to overcome.

At the start of this year, I decided a fresh start was in order, as well as being smarter about how I was training. I reduced how quickly I upped my mileage, I actually followed a training plan, I learned how to do proper training paces, I made connections on MFP which are invaluable, and I learned about injury prevention techniques and tools. I also learned to not stress about the first time you run a certain race and enjoy it. You only get that opportunity one time.

The race went very well, and I completed it in 1:57:40. I sprinted across the finish line, and I felt great after doing so. I look forward to the many more races I intend to run.

Replies

• kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How awesome is that? Congratulations! Here's to many more races for you. :drinker:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! My goal is to do a Half in under 2 hours. So proud of you!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,216 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, major congrats!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow what a huge accomplishment!!!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats, an amazing time, especially for your first!
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! I'm another with a goal of under 2 hours for the half - have to admit to being a bit jealous that you did it on your first. ;-) (My first one was last year, 2:03:39 which was good and annoying at the same time. :P)
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's no NSV:) I did 5k under my goal of 30 min and i know how awesome that felt. My next challenge is a 10k and then a half.

Looks like you were well prepared and executed fabulously. Do you have a training plan that you can recommend. Or any of the internet. Any other resources that you can suggest will be great for a newbie like me.

Congrats again!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!