Polar FT4, worth it?

Options
xxhieixx
xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
I already have a HRM and it's ok....it's bulky so sometimes it can get bumped and I'm left completely clueless about how much I burned (this is rare though). I also noticed today during my workout it said my HR was at 60, which is NOT true. About 1 minute later it jumped to 160. I also kind of don't believe how many calories it said I burned today, I'm pretty sure I burned more then that. It usually acts up when I'm doing workouts where I'm laying down (I do JM circuits). I know the Polar FT4 is good but is it worth $65? Seems like a lot to me but I'm starting to get tired of my HRM, especially now that I'm being more serious about working out. It was fine for when I was just doing Zumba but now it's starting to seem crappy.

Replies

• Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have had a Polar FT6 for probably 7 years now. I have never regretted it. I've replaced the batteries in the watch about every 2 years, and have only had to send the chest strap back once. Even though the manual says you have to send it back to get the watch batteries done, any jeweler can change the battery as long as your chest strap still works. Polar makes a darn good product. When this one finally gives up, I will be buying another one (unless Garmin has one w/ a GPS that does more and is in the same price range).
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    it is worth it. 65 is cheap. I'm buying a cheap garmin forerunnner 110 with HRM and it's on sale for $139 and I think that is cheap too.

it really depends if it is worth it to you. maybe you just need to replace the batteries in your HRM. if 65 is too much for you to spend try the batteries first.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and bought it. My HRM got bumped for the 3rd time and once again changed my age and weight. When I went to workout today I noticed it had changed my age and weight so that's what happened the day I posted this.
    Thanks for the replies, can't wait to not fight with my HRM anymore lol