23 with 60 lbs to lose...need support!

Options
Hello everybody! I am an (almost) 23 year old female in desperate need of losing 60 pounds. I haven't always been overweight, so I know what it takes and what workouts my body responds the best for, however I can't stay motivated to actually lose the weight. I have been yo-yoing for almost a year with this. I gained the weight during college between drinking, stress, lack of exercise, and bad eating habits.Man, are those bad eating habits hard to break...not to mention getting back into working out everyday! I hate my body, I WANT the change. But, it is hard to do alone. So I'm looking for people to add on here to help keep me accountable, motivated, or even just to give me suggestions! :smile:

Replies

• GohanJKA
    GohanJKA Posts: 66
    Options
    You can add me. I log in daily and you're not alone in this.
  • Nerdybookworm1990
    Nerdybookworm1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also 23 and I need to lose over 100 pounds. I've already lost 15 (yay!) I log in daily, and am open to adds if anyone would like.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me, as long as you like or comment often since I do the same. I have about 65 lbs left to lose and am 5'4".
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    hey welcome! :) this is completely possible! Make sure you log daily and log everything you eat (even the 'bad' days). Also please realise right now that this is going to take a while (took me 8 months to lose 50lbs), but it is DEFINATELY worth it!!! Even those days where it feels like it's not worth it, it is! Just take it one day at a time and keep pushing forward and you'll get there eventually :) And when you think "oh I only lost a pound...", stop yourself and remember that all those pounds add up!! :)
  • Jaymestar
    Jaymestar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is like you are telling my story.. to a T..
    The name is Jayme and I'm 22 years old with about 60 lbs more to lose.
    I've been on here, going up and down for a while and.. that's enough! I want to lose this weight and not put it off any longer!
    I gained my weight during college, as you did, with stress and depression.
    I'm making this my year to shed the pounds, and maybe, hopefully we can inspire each other :)
    Anyone is free to add me. I'm a daily user and I love giving and receiving encouragement.
  • kyle703
    kyle703 Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - I'm in the same boat! :)
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You can add me if you like. We can help and motivate eachother. Look foreward to it :smile:
  • gabzl
    gabzl Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm 18 and would like to lose a lot of weight. I am not obese or anything, and much of my weight is muscle, but I am only 5'3, so so my weight is not healthy for my weight. Feel free to add me! I need encouragement too!