Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Options
Hi my name is April and i am looking for some one who is going to be doing the same sugary as me around the same time as me so we can trade stories and ideas to help make this easier. I started the liquid diet yesterday and am finding it hard already but thinking that if i had some people to talk to who are going threw the same thing as me might make it easier!! I am excited about this but scared at the same time.:smile:

Replies

• abetterbrandi
    Options
    I know this may sound really out of place but have you thought about losing the weight on your own naturally? I started with 215lbs to lose, and I am down 63 just eating right and moving more. Either way, I wish you luck.
  • aprilt2004
    Options
    Ive been trying for 5 years to do it on my own and i go up and down and I've been thinking about this for the past few years and decided that this may be the best for me. :smile:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    There is a group called VSGers. The main forums are not particularly WLS-friendly.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi April. I've not done the surgery, but my husband had a similar surgery done a couple of years ago. He had a band installed which is effectively the same thing. He spent two weeks (as best I recall) on a liquid diet of 1200 calories a day, followed by the surgery, a further 2 weeks of liquids, and the gradual introduction of semi solids and finally solids. If you have any questions, I can answer if it'll help some.

Good luck on your surgery.
  • DanieHop
    DanieHop Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello my name is Danielle and I am new here on Myfitnesspal. I had the lap band done in 1/10. Initially, I did great!!! I lost 90 lbs in the first year. Then my band started to tighten on its own and my doctor had to loosen it. Throughout the past couple of years we have gone back and forth with tightening and loosening the band. When it gets too tight I can't eat anything....I just vomit it back up. So, with much frustration and gaining almost all of my 90 lbs back we are discussing the Gastric Sleeve. I would love any thoughts, concerns, complications, and success stories for those of you who have had the Sleeve. (especially w/ complications with eating and vomiting) I just feel like if I wanted to be anorexic and vomit all the time I would have chosen to do so!!!

Thank you in advance for your time and stories!!!

Danie:smile:
  • mandayt
    mandayt Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I am a 29yr old mother of a 4yo boy from Australia.

I have just received the phone call from the hospital to say you can now have your sleeve on the 28th of may.
    Lets just say I am soooooo scared sad

I want to set a good example for my son in life and yes after trying lots of weight loss tools (which nothing worked) I have decided to get the sleeve.

Please I need some advice??? smile

how long after op were you able to move around and be 'normal' again?
    how long till you can return to work?

I have pre-op app on Wednesday and will obviously ask a lot of questions
    Thanks
    Mandy from OZ