Favorite Recipes With Rice ?

Mom and I have a quart of leftover rice (white) from having chinese 2 nights ago and we used 1 quart for shrimp creole tonight.

What should we do with the other one ?

Replies

• LiveMore101
    LiveMore101 Posts: 84 Member
    If you're a fish person (like salmon and tilapia), you could have an AMAZING dinner by having a Marinated Salmon/Tilapia with the rice as your grain, and then some type of steamed veggie on the side. The rice usually tastes great with some of the marinated sauce served over it!

Or, making your own General Tso Chicken. I know you just had Chinese, so you might not prefer that, but that's a good option! :)

Or some other type of stir-fry! Have some Shrimp (or whatever meat you'd like), with the rice, and mix in some veggies like peppers, onions, and green beans. Find a sauce that you like and sprinkle a bit of that over, or just add butter with salt and pepper. :) Num!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Almond Rice pudding! Take the cooked rice, add almond milk (or reg milk) to 1/2" over rice, cook over med heat for 20-30 min. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and raisins (optional) enjoy hot or cold!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    use it as a fried rice base...

...make sushi...
    ... arancini...
    ...make a curry...
    ...rice salad...
    ...use it as a savoury pie crust...
    '
  • I make this with whole grain rice but white rice works too. I mix the rice with sautéed onion, olive oil, black pepper, a little cilantro and garlic, avocado, and top it with a fried egg. It's low in sugar and has good fats in it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Well I love it plain, but otherwise I make fried rice, sweet and sour chicken (I just mix it with chicken, peppers, and sweet and sour sauce really), or just chicken curry (I just mix chicken bits with curry spices and fat free sour cream).