New Year New me: Need support

Options
Hi my name is Shenet and i'm 29 and weigh 227 as of xmas day and i liked to died. I'm 5"7 and i gave birth to a 9lb boy a year ago and the baby fat is just sticking around and i'm getting bigger by the moment. Well my goal is to lose 40lbs before my 30th birthday which is in 9 months and my short term goal is to lose 20 to 25 by May because i have my 1st class reunion and i can't go back home fat. So now here i am. I need some support buddies and if you want to add me as a friend please do. I haven't always been overweight and i have always been tall and skinny but after bearing kids it is just harder to lose. So here i am here and need support and encouragment and i'm ready to do this.

Replies

• Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is a fabulous place to meet other people with the same goals and motivate each other! I hope you find a great group of friends on here, like I did! I love the calorie counter--I was amazed at how many calories I was eating, even though I thought I was eating healthy. Good luck in meeting your goals!
  • conswella
    Options
    hey there shenet! i know what you mean about the baby fat sticking around. problem is, my "baby" is 17 (will be
    18 in 6 weeks!)!!! i have never weighed this much in my life and even weigh more now than i did when i was 9 months pregnant! i am 43 and DETERMINED to do this in 2011. my goal is to lose 60lbs (i don't need to lose that much but i want to) but i will settle for 45. we can do this and we will be buddies and get through it together!

conswella
  • Yoni101
    Yoni101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are preaching to the choir! I am now over forty and need to lose about the same weight. The weight keeps creaping on and I am going to have to work my tail off just to lose a couple lbs a week. It is soooo much harder to lose as you get older.
    Kudos that you are taking the initiative now.
    I am here to take this journey with you!
    The more supprt you have the better...It keeps us accountable on a daily basis and we can enjoy our successes together as well!

Welcome to MFP, it is a wonderful site!

Yoni
  • MadisonLeavens
    MadisonLeavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YaY!!!! You've come to the right place babe! You will achieve your goal. There are so many people here to support you. I've found nothing but encouragement and support since finding this site. It's awesome and so are you! Congratulations on your new journey.
  • shawana4
    Options
    OMG you ladies are SUPER AWESOME. I mean i thought this was going to be just anohter site that you signed up for and a few people will say okay and thats it but i never thought that i would get so many friends request within the 40 min i was on here i have gotten like 8 so far. I'm super excited and YES I'M READY.
  • curvymonkey
    Options
    We're here to support each other. Even when we have off days, we help each other see the brighter side of things to keep you motivated. We have our good and bad days so it's nice to have support through all of it. :)