Alcohol

Options
Do alcohol calories really count? It scares me to think that if I get drunk I'm going to gain weight if I don't plan it in advance. I only drink vodka so I don't see it as bad.

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It counts. Unfortunately.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It counts. Unfortunately.

Yepp! I love cocktails which sucks for calories :P
  • NatashaTwersky
    NatashaTwersky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just drink diet coke or spirte with vodka.....waaaaaayyy less calories....vodka's only 50 cal a shot and the diet pop is ZERO!!
  • Tifftiff321
    Tifftiff321 Posts: 61
    Options
    I just drink every other week and when I do drink I usually have one
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Book it Dano.

Not only does it count, but what it goes in counts...and when one gets drinking, the high calorie, high carb snacks are sure to follow. And after a while you think..screw it, I'll be good the rest of the week.

It's a slippery slope when you are trying to lose weight.

I stick to coke zero, and eventually my friends adapted to it...besides, they get a built in DD.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Drinking is my #1 bar to weight loss. I can do everything else right, but unless I cut down on the booze - nada. It counts.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking enough that you think you need to plan your weight loss around your alcohol intake, then you're probably drinking enough to also affect your liver's processing ability, your water retention, etc., in addition to taking in extra calories, all of which will make it harder to lose weight. Vodka is certainly one of the lower calorie alcohols, and has the same sort of health benefits found in mild drinking of other alcohols like wine (>5 units a week, usually), but if you're having more than a few drinks, more than once or twice a week, the downsides probably outweigh the good things.