Drink More Water Rant

Options
This is a mini-rant:

I keep hearing how you should drink a lot of water everyday for good health. Okay, I do this and now I have to go pee every twenty-thirty minutes and you look at me funny for excusing myself to the toilet too often. All the hand washing is causing my skin to really dry out and hurt but if I don't wash my hands you think I'm gross.

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    This isn't necessary. Just check your pee. If it's dark yellow you need to drink more. If it's light yellow you are doing just fine. Just drink when you are thirsty overloading on fluids to the extent you need to pee all the time really isn't necessary.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i know how ya feel, i try to drink a gallon a day, often times i drink a bit more then that on days im at work, and i have to urinate all the time, I have to get up from sleeping 2-3x now to go to the bathroom now, it sucks! but i noticed when i dont drink enough my weight loss seems to slow.
  • pJohanna
    pJohanna Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for that insight on the progression of weight loss. I'll have to up my water intake.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try drinking 8-10 8 fl oz glasses of water. It should help you stay hydrated. If that doesn't seem like enough then add more to what you drink.
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is a mini-rant:

I keep hearing how you should drink a lot of water everyday for good health. Okay, I do this and now I have to go pee every twenty-thirty minutes and you look at me funny for excusing myself to the toilet too often. All the hand washing is causing my skin to really dry out and hurt but if I don't wash my hands you think I'm gross.

Yes, yes and yes! I have to remind myself to drink enough water, but then I'm finding I need to pee all the time... I was aiming for 8 glasses a day, but I've dropped it back to 6 and that seems to work better for me.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! i totally understand :drinker:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I put on lotion after I wash and dry my hands. I carry a tiny bottle in my purse or pocket.

I drink 13 cups of water a day and don't go to the bathroom noticeably more than other people. After a week or so your body will adjust to your water intake. I generally go to the bathroom 2-3 times during a normal workday. A lot more at home :happy: