Weighing out fruit?

Options
I want to be able to weigh out my fruit properly to log it, but sometimes the only options go by measuring cups.
Ex: Cantalope-Fresh. Serving size- 1 cup.
Is there a setting so I can go by Kilograms and Ounces only?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I searched cantaloupe, per your example.

Melons - Cantaloupe, raw was the second entry. Use the drop down menu and you can get per 100g. Most if not all fruits and veggies have listings in this way - search for the entry withOUT the asterisk.

Edit to add - you may not have found the right entry, since you spelled cantaloupe wrong :wink:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I searched cantaloupe, per your example.

Melons - Cantaloupe, raw was the second entry. Use the drop down menu and you can get per 100g. Most if not all fruits and veggies have listings in this way - search for the entry withOUT the asterisk.

Edit to add - you may not have found the right entry, since you spelled cantaloupe wrong :wink:

Hah. Great catch. When I added usda to the search as in "cantaloupe usda", the first three readings were the 100g entries (34 calories). I use the iPhone app. The benefit of the 100g serving being that I can weigh 136g for an apple and log it as 1.36 servings of that entry without having to do math :)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    For fruit and veggies, I always pick the MFP entry and it always has a grams setting. The trick is to yes, spell it right, but also in some cases you have to do the plural version and add "raw". So the entry is Bananas - raw instead of just banana.
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was thinking maybe there was a setting of some sort, but I suppose I just need to look harder.