Trusting the process

Options
I started this journey July-August of 2013 and there have been lots of ups and downs.. Eating healthy exercising like crazy and not seeing the dramatic results I had hoped for...Got very frustrated and kept reading success stories and was overwhelmed and discouraged at times... Just yesterday Sunday 4th May 2014 while working out I looked at my body in the mirror and looked really looked...I'm just now learning to trust the process....Has anyone experienced this as well?

Replies

• lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes. Its the number one thing I try to express to newbies on here wanting help and advice.

The biggest thing for me is eating enough calories. Not eating just enough so that you can still run your body, but eating enough so it leaves you feeling healthy and satisfied without feeling deprived. I eat the most food I possibly can while allowing myself to still lose weight at a steady rate. When I first started I thought it was mad to expect to lose weight eating over 2000 calories a day but I decided to give it a try and it works! Nearly 91lbs down I am still eating 2000 calories a day (net) to lose weight.

I hate seeing people try and starve themselves thin and deprive themselves physcially and emotionally when there is no need.

Trust the process :)
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That is very true I've also adopted a plan where I'm eating nutrient dense foods...leaning towards a vegan/natural food lifestyle moving somewhat away from calorie counting because I've lowered eating foods that come a packet with a long list of ingredients and using lots of beans fruits nuts grains seed and tonnnnnes of water..peeing like a pregnant lady (tmi) but I'm learning