50 and looking for friends and inspiration

Options
Hi, I just recently turned 50 and decided it's time to lose the weight I've been struggling with for the past twenty years. I'd love some friends around the same age to look to for inspiration and support. Thanks

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? If so, send me a buddy request.
  • joymarierita
    Options
    i am turning 501 this december so i hear ya! i have been on and off mfp and am giving it a REAL go this time! my issue is committing to logging in for everything all day everyday! I am sure it would be easier with a buddy! Feel free to add me! I need to lose at least 60 pounds and havent been down that low in 11 years. Tme to take control! We can do it!:smile::smile:
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debra. I started MFP a couple years ago and have slowly lost 30 lbs by changing my lifestyle rather than dieting. I'm 51, have 2 boys mostly out of the house, a husband, career, and am pretty active. Feel free to friend me; I have a bunch of friends in this age group who are so supportive -- they have been a big part of my success. Friend me and you'll meet them too!
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi whiskers, You can add me. I am 28 and have been working on myself for just over 11 months. I have lost around 70 lbs and I am 40 lbs from my goal. I also have a support and motivation group that you can join on MFP. It is called TDNation support. If you do not know how to find it you can send me a message and I can add you. Best of luck on your journey.
  • whiskers100
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've sent you all a request.