Gained lots of weight during pregnancy and can't loose it

Options
I am one of those women that gained 75 lbs during pregnancy. I tried to exercise almost daily during the pregnancy. However, the weight just kept on going up. After I gave birth, I quickly lost 30 lbs (including baby). I struggled a little more and lost another 10 lbs. However, the last 35 lbs just will not come off. I feel like I have plateaued since I have not lost a single pound weight in 3 weeks. I exercise daily with a combination of high intensity aerobics and weight lifting. I also make sure that my daily calorie count is under 1800 and I stay with low carb foods such as lean meats, vegetables and little bit of dairy. I am currently 13 weeks postpartum. Is it my hormones or could there be something else?

Replies

• dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i also had a baby this past december and the whole time i was worried about my weight since i gained so much with my first baby. i did keep my weight at a good amount but some of that weight still lingered around after baby. you just have to keep trying and stay motivated. i think after a baby its just a little harder to get into the groove of watching what you eat.feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other
  • tbotteselle
    tbotteselle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You've lost 40lbs in the 13 weeks since you've had the baby?! That's amazing! Give yourself a pat on the back! The rest will come off…you've accomplished so much already!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I think you are being to hard on yourself. It took you 9 months to gain the weight so it will take time to come off. It is important to keep up your energy levels during this time.