Suggestions for High Impact Sports Bras

(note) this could be tmi for some people.

I'm a fairly large chested girl (38DDD) and I am having the hardest time finding a sports bra I actually like! I need something high impact that keeps the girls in place without suffocating me. I would also prefer something that is not racer back because they tend to give me headaches. I don't care about brand or anything, but something that will last awhile too would be pretty awesome. I also don't care about price at this point because I'm so sick of wasting money on sports bras I hate. Open for any suggestions!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Panache.

Others will have other opinions. Do a search, this issue has come up regularly. Lots of great answers.
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    Shock Absorber run bra. Any running store likely sells them, just make sure it's the max support ones you're buying. Also they size a bit big so don't feel discouraged if it says they don't have your size.
  • hoopie2cu
    hoopie2cu Posts: 1
    Try layering two sports bras - the under-bra being a cup size smaller than the outer-bra. Learned this trick from a dancer in Vegas who had magnificent fake 'uns. It can be a little stifling, but the girls are immobilized.
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    I like the Wacoal underwire sports bra. Not cheap ($60), but worth every penny. I'm a DDD and my boobs don't move at all.
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Enell is an excellent option, though rather pricey (around $70). It's incredibly supportive, comfortable, and functional. Another option is the Lane Bryant Cacique brand sports bra. I love those, and they're a bit less costly than the Enell. However, while it IS supportive (I wear a 40DDD), it's not quite as confining, therefore, not quite AS supportive. Hope this helps. :)
  • Bump
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Try the Under armor bra's I have heard/read great things about them and they go up to a very large size.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    bump for later
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Enell Sports bras (Enell.com) best support ever. Although they do get hot. Title9.com (Title9 Sports) is another good place to look. I've bought two from there (a Champion and some other brands). Their reviews are spot on.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    I have heard rave reviews of the Shock Absorber bras. The author of "Running like a Girl" praised it for pages :) (excellent book, btw!)
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Title Nine, Athleta, Enell, Shock Absorber
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    I haven't found any due to finances and the fact I just cannot afford to buy clothes right now.. used to be 38DDD as well. I just doubled up sports bras and I still am and it works wonders.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    I love the moving comfort Maia bra, it has adjustable straps and back, no racer back which I also can't wear due to headache. I am a 36E and find it very comfortable for running, kayaking, hiking, etc. I used to do the 2 bra system as another poster mentioned but it's just uncomfortable. This one is designed to sort of be like 2 bras in one. The only thing is that they redesigned them this year and they have more seams now so I'm not entirely sure about the new version but the old one is awesome.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    I'm a 38C and I like C9 by Champion from Target.

They are racer back and I know what you mean by them giving you a headache ... between the neck and shoulders, right?

After they got broken in I don't get those headaches.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    I wear two supportive bras at the same time to run, and that's the only "high-impact" bra that's worked for me after trying many.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    I love the moving comfort Maia bra, it has adjustable straps and back, no racer back which I also can't wear due to headache. I am a 36E and find it very comfortable for running, kayaking, hiking, etc. I used to do the 2 bra system as another poster mentioned but it's just uncomfortable. This one is designed to sort of be like 2 bras in one. The only thing is that they redesigned them this year and they have more seams now so I'm not entirely sure about the new version but the old one is awesome.

Love my Maia, but haven't purchased a new model yet. Not much bounce at all. But they are a bit pricey.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I've tried Shock Absorber, Panache, Moving Comfort and then a bunch of less supportive brands and Moving Comfort is my favorite. I wear a 32DDD though I tend to buy 34D/DD in sports bras. I have the Juno bra but I also have one of the crossover bras and one more ... the Luna maybe? I like them all. I just bought all my MC ones recently and I LOVE that I no longer have to wear two sports bras!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Victoria's secret incredible sports bra
  • ilovehlloktty
    ilovehlloktty Posts: 31 Member
    THANK YOU so much for all the responses! I have so many options now I don't know what to choose!
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    I am a 32DD, and wear a Champion Show Off Sports Bra- good support and price point.