Are you ready for some football?... Recipes!

Options
Since it's officially football season I thought we could all share our favorite lightened up appetizers/party foods. I'll start off with two things I threw together for opening night. Nutritional info will be based on the specific products you use. Of course these are good in moderation, but it's nice when those of us who are counting calories feel like we get to join in the football fun!

Turkey Sliders (adapted from a pampered chef recipe)

Mix together:
.5 lb 99% lean ground turkey (it was probably more like .6 because I used 1/2 the package)
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 small onion diced fine
1/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
Salt and pepper or other seasoning

Press into a rectangular shape on a pan to about 1/4 inch thick (I use the pampered chef stoneware bar pan... you should probably use a pan covered in aluminum foil if you don't have stoneware). Bake about 15 minutes at 450 degrees or until turkey is cooked through.

In the mean time:
Cut about 1/4-1/2 inch off the ends of 4 hotdog buns and cut each into three sections (perfect sized slider buns!)
Cut 3 slices of cheese into 4 pieces

When the burger is done cut into 12 equal pieces. Top each burger with cheese and 1 pickle slice and place on bun. These are great! The spinach is a great way to sneak in veggies and keeps the turkey really juicy.

BBQ Chicken Pizza (probably taken from somewhere that I can remember... maybe HG since it uses laughing cow)

Spread 1 wedge laughing cow cheese onto a burrito-sized flour tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce. Top that with about 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced. Then add 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella. Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.

I used to be against using a tortilla as a pizza crust, but this recipe changed my mind.

Enjoy! And go Colts! =)

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks! Can't wait to try the pizza recipe!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    awesome...i love apps!! I have a couple recipes I can share too. One tip tho...dont try to make baked mozz sticks...I did and it ended up being a pile of cheese and breadcrumbs lol
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Easy Potato skins:

Cut potatoes in half, Microwave ( beleive it or not) until potatoes are soft, usually about 6 min.
    After cooling, Scoop the potatoes out into a bowl being careful not to let the skin break. Add mik, half and half ( opt), margarine, your choice of low fat shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and cut up turkey bacon. Using a mixer, mix together until the lumps are out. scoop mixture back into skins, top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Serve with low fat sour cream.

Measurments depend on the amount of potatoes you use. Should look like mashed potatoes though

My boyfriend looooves these!
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Those sound like some nice recipes. :) Now I'm anxious to give em a try.
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    bump :bigsmile:
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Yum!!
  • mikeandbrandie
    Options
    bump
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    I'm going to bump this again... my Colts lost, so I'll have time to focus on what to eat!

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip (lightened up from the Crockpot Lady http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/crockpot-buffalo-wing-dip.html)

1.5 cups cooked chicken - shredded or diced
    2 cups fat free blue cheese salad dressing
    1/4-1/2 cup tabasco sauce
    1.5 cups fat free shredded cheddar cheese

mix into a crock pot and cook on high for 1-2 hours. Serve with baked tortilla chips, or be even healthier with carrots, celery and green and red peppers.

The nutritional info will vary depending on the brand of dressing you use. I figure this will be ten good sized servings and this is waht I came up with:

Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe

10 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 115.1

Total Fat 0.9 g

Saturated Fat 0.2 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.3 g

Cholesterol 18.8 mg

Sodium 668.7 mg

Potassium 49.6 mg

Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g

Dietary Fiber 1.6 g

Sugars 4.8 g

Protein 12.7 g

Vitamin A 4.9 %

Vitamin B-12 1.1 %

Vitamin B-6 5.7 %

Vitamin C 0.0 %

Vitamin D 0.0 %

Vitamin E 9.9 %

Calcium 18.5 %

Copper 0.4 %

Folate 0.2 %

Iron 1.3 %

Magnesium 1.2 %

Manganese 0.2 %

Niacin 11.0 %

Pantothenic Acid 1.9 %

Phosphorus 4.6 %

Riboflavin 1.1 %

Selenium 7.7 %

Thiamin 0.9 %

Zinc 1.1 %

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.