89 pounds to lose and looking for motivational friends!

Options
My name is Felicia. I'm a 24 year old stay at home mother to a 4 year old little boy. I was always a girl with some meat on her bones with muscle from being a gymnast but I wore it well. Once I got pregnant with my son I gained 80lbs and never really took it off. I been with my boyfriend for 6 years and after having out son I got "comfortable" and let myself completely go. I now don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror or see pictures. Im very depressed with how far gone I am in my weight gain and I can literally feel the fat on me. Not only is it very uncomfortable but its sad that I no longer feel comfortable in my own skin. I have been wanting a family picture done since my son has been born but refuse to get one bc of how I look. it makes me crying knowing that I cant even feel comfortable to get a picture done with my family. It also doesn't help when my boyfriend is in great shape and him and our son don't "need" to change their daily eating habbits and work out. They don't want to eat what I eat when I diet. I struggle to find meals that they can both enjoy with me so I don't have to worry about the temptations of cooking them separate fatty meals. Im finally ready to get myself back and feel good. I'm looking for some friends on here that can help motivate me push and keep going forward in my weight loss journey. anyone with any fitness advise, meal prep advise or anything like that Im willing to take it. Im happy to see that im not the only one out there who feel like I do and Im excited to start this new chapter in my life!!

Replies

• Ttlklutz
    Ttlklutz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you. I am 21 and my start weight was 211. Just a year and a half prior i was 160 so the weight gain was rapid and happened because i started dating my fiancee and he took me out to dinner every night and i did not watch what i ate. I have been through this all before, my senior year i was 193 and lost 33 pounds before prom and kept it off for a year. But here i am doing it all over again, the difference is that i am making it a lifestyle now not a diet. In january me and Fiancee found out we were expecting our first, as my uterus started to move up my hips hurt terribly, i vowed then that I would lose weight before our next baby. Well god had other plans and we had an early miscarriage. Although much sooner then i thought I decided to keep my promise to myself and try to lose as much weight as possible before we find out we are expecting again. So here i am weighed in this morning at 199.8 :)
    I am fortunate that my dear fiancee will eat whatever i do but i i have been looking up stuff to make more tastey healthy meals lately. I want to try pita pizza and some other things but havent got around to it. Your boyfriend is one battle and at the end of the day he can cook his own food if he doesnt support you but just remember your son has to eat whatever you give him lol. Its better to force good eatting habits on him when hes 4 then when hes older, he has a good metabolism now since he is a kid but that does not last forever, set him up for success. Add me if you want :) I am trying to get down to 160 and then 140 so i have a ways to go!
  • TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Girl, I can relate to your post so much! (((HUGS))) Honestly, I know exactly how you feel. 9yrs ago I lost just over 100lbs and became a size 10. Fast forward to today and I have gained probably most of it back(can't bring myself to step on the scale just yet) I, too, got depressed and down on myself for not being able to be strong enough to keep my weight off (for years) After this winter and not having any clothes that fit me, I decided to start over this year. I am turning 45 in July and I can't keep being unhappy so I am here with you!! If you want to friend me, I would love to be there to support you if I can