Tea & Weight loss

Options
Hello, I'm sure you have heard all of the hype in regards to drinking a glass of tea or your choice (i do green tea) before a meal everyday which will help better curb your appetite so you wont eat as much. I was just wondering if anyone has done it and how has it helped them? Did you lose weight? Did you feel more energized? I know theres tons of "tea" packages out there that claims to do all of this but just wanted to see peoples opinion.

Replies

• kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have not even heard of this. However if I were to guess, it is more the act of drinking a no calorie beverage that is curbing the apatite. I try to drink a glass of water before I eat, especially when I am really hungry. It fills you up a little and calms all the digestive juices.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Green tea can have some health benefits if consumed regularly. It is not a diet aid and will not aid in weight loss. Only a calorie deficit will aid in weight loss.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I drink a green tea mix called "Skin Detox" every day but it's not for weight loss. I have rosacea and it could be a placebo but I swear that it helps my skin.

Plus it tastes delicious. It's green tea, rose petal, hibiscus and a bunch of other leaves, seeds and roots that make for a nice treat in the afternoon.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm sure you have heard all of the hype in regards to drinking a glass of tea or your choice (i do green tea) before a meal everyday which will help better curb your appetite so you wont eat as much. I was just wondering if anyone has done it and how has it helped them? Did you lose weight? Did you feel more energized? I know theres tons of "tea" packages out there that claims to do all of this but just wanted to see peoples opinion.

Tea has health benefits but it doesn't have any 'miracle' properties for losing weight. You lose weight through calorie deficit, no short cuts.
  • kminjee
    kminjee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do you just do on glass 8oz? or just however much it takes to fill a cup?
  • sprungerj1
    sprungerj1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink the herbal life tea and it seems to help with my appetite. Kinda pricey but I think it helps.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i drink 2 cups of green tea in the morning. i feel it does help curb your appetite, and the bit of caffeine helps with energy, but i drink it mostly just to have something warm to sip on in the mornings. plus as others have said, green tea is very good for you for a number of reasons
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Probably closer to 16 oz of water. But I love tea, don't get me wrong! I am in fact enjoying a lovely cinnamon tea right now. I think that drinking water before a meal is a good idea because it helps me get my 3 litres in =P
  • kminjee
    kminjee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you all!
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs once drinking black tea before bed every night. I also quit beer at the same time too. So I'd say it was a combo.