Having a really bad day

Options
I'm having a really bad and lousy day today. Yesterday night, when I looked in the mirror, I could see an indentation for my waist and my stomach did stick out as usual, but it looked okay. However, starting from this morning, after I had just had coffee and 2 wafers, suddenly I could barely see any hint of a waist, AND my stomach bulged out a lot more than it has for a long time. I did Insanity, 30DS Level 3, and Killer Abs (Jillian Michaels), walked and cycled for 30 min each today. I look down and see my stomach sticking out like nobody's business and I feel so disgusted. Earlier I was listening to music and dancing with it and I felt ashamed, like what right do I have to be dancing when I look disgusting, if I was in a club people would laugh, you know how people are, they point at the fat chick.

When people see overweight people, they often say that that person is lazy. I've heard countless times when people blame fat people for being lazy and never exercising. I feel like people are saying that about me. I feel so hopeless that I am going to look into plastic surgery but then people will just say I'm lazy and took a shortcut.

The guy that I liked just rejected me for being fat and it really stung and hurt. And I can't blame him either. It's not like I'm just a few extra pounds. Sure some guys are chubby chasers but most of the time I hear guys saying negative things about overweight people and how a woman has to be height weight proportionate, etc, not the other way around. I hate my body and I am so disgusted by myself.

Replies

• Jeffs_Jess
    Jeffs_Jess Posts: 28
    Options
    I must say, if a man rejects you because of your weight, he's not the kind of guy you want to be with in the first place.
    I was 320 lbs. when I met my boyfriend, and having lost 140 lbs., he loves me just as much today as he did when he first met me.
    So, I wouldn't be too heartbroken over a guy who is shallow. Not worth wasting emotions over.
  • Jeffs_Jess
    Jeffs_Jess Posts: 28
    Options
    If he's a good person, your weight won't matter.
    My suggestion is to not waste time on people like that. If he won't love/like you at your worst, he sure as hell doesn't deserve to love/like you at your best, when you've reached your goals.
    I've lost a lot of weight. And I still have days where I look in the mirror and don't like what I see. It's part of being human. We are our own worst critics.
    But, even through this journey, you have to remember, a lifestyle change starts with you. And, it is about your happiness. I didn't lose weight for my boyfriend or for acceptanace. I lost weight because it was important for my health.
    Find something that works for you and stick with it. Don't be so hard on yourself. We live one life. Why go through it so miserable?
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Earlier I was listening to music and dancing with it and I felt ashamed, like what right do I have to be dancing when I look disgusting, if I was in a club people would laugh, you know how people are, they point at the fat chick.

F*&$ them. If someone is laughing at you, it's because they HATE THEMSELVES. It is NOT a reflection on you as a person, or on your body.
    When people see overweight people, they often say that that person is lazy. I've heard countless times when people blame fat people for being lazy and never exercising. I feel like people are saying that about me. I feel so hopeless that I am going to look into plastic surgery but then people will just say I'm lazy and took a shortcut.

F*&$ them! Stop putting stock in other people's opinions. Look in the mirror, directly in your own eyes, and say, "I am ENOUGH! I am doing the best I can with what I have available. And NO BODY, not even myself, can expect more than that."

You might cry when you do this. I know I do. Cause there are so many negative emotions I tell myself. And so few positive things.
    The guy that I liked just rejected me for being fat and it really stung and hurt. And I can't blame him either. It's not like I'm just a few extra pounds. Sure some guys are chubby chasers but most of the time I hear guys saying negative things about overweight people and how a woman has to be height weight proportionate, etc, not the other way around. I hate my body and I am so disgusted by myself.

I met my husband when I was 225 lbs. We were married when I was 275 lbs. He loves me still when I peaked at 346 lbs. He loves me more everyday, no matter how much I weigh. There is this saying, "If you cannot handle me at my WORST. You don't DESERVE me at my BEST." Totally true.