ea sports active on wii

Options
hi i have just got this can any mfp users advise how hard it is, how effective for weightloss and how fun thank you

Replies

• psychicreader80
    Options
    I hate it. I have it for PS3. It is hard and boring and just not my thing. Thought I was going to love it. Now I wish I never bought it.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    To me its a fun game and you may burn some calories but not a real calorie burning workout
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. I have EA Sports, More Workouts and just got Active 2!
    I love the variety. You can set the intensity and do whatever you want. You can do a specific workout, a majority of ones you like or do the challenge. I did the 6 week more workout challenge and did awesome. I would have to look back at the actual progress but started a thread about it and currently have a Active 2 one on the go.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have it for xbox kinect and i really like it. I feel like ive worked really hard, and the heart rate monitor is good as it gives an acurate calorie burn. there is a mixture of different activities, all lasting a few minutes. in a typical 30 min workout you tend to do about 28 different activities. I find short quick exercise really keep me motivated, and i dont loose interest

hope this helps

:flowerforyou:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have it for my PS3 and I love it. The workouts are varied every day and it really works me hard. I have been sore in a different area after every workout. I love the activities like mountain boarding and boxing. Makes it really fun.

I have only been using it for a week so I can't comment on weight loss yet.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had the Wii active more work outs and lost just over a stone. I have just bought the Wii active 2 with heart rate monitors and find it even better as you don't need to use the controller on all the workouts....
    .......love it!!!!
  • urban479
    Options
    I just bought the ea active 2 last week. I have used it twice and kind of liked it. Its definitely a bit of a challenge at times, but I'm sure it gets easier when I'm in better shape. Only time will tell, but I'm excited to see how it goes. The daily exercise I do is only 28 mins or so and it is really varied and will probably be a great well-rounded workout, as opposed to just a treadmill or something. It keeps good track of heart rate, which is really neat to see.
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    thank you for your replys did it for the first time yesterday and ache today which i guess is a good sign will let you know how i gert on if anyone is thinking of buying it :)