Raspberry Keytones AND Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Last summer I lost over 30 pounds by running and cutting back on junk food. Along the way, I heard about Raspberry Keytones. Now, I'm a firm believer that you gotta work for what you want and a pill will NOT give you the results you want. However, I decided to try the keytones just to see if they would boost my weight loss even more. Although I'm not sure if they helped any with wight loss, I did notice that they made me feel better, more refreshed and above all — helped with bloating.
So now I'm hearing about the Cambogia and I'd like to see about taking it as well, not so much for the weight loss, but for the other benefits it might have.
My question is...do you think it would be ok to take both of these on a daily basis?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    They are both useless. No evidence of either of them doing anything.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I bought them for a lot of money, tried them...useless. I knew it beforehand but still wanted to give it a go. It all boils down to a calorie deficit.
    Stef.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'll help you out. Since you like to waste money on things that do nothing for you - feel free to just send me all your extra money. You'll lose exactly the same amount of weight... :flowerforyou:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'll help you out. Since you like to waste money on things that do nothing for you - feel free to just send me all your extra money. You'll lose exactly the same amount of weight... :flowerforyou:

This.

Neither pill does anything special. You may be feeling better as result of a placebo effect, your diet could be different than before, you could be sleeping better, something may have happened to make you happier, you may be getting more sun, I could go on...Too many variables.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Starburst jellybeans can do the same thing. But not the green ones. Blech.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I take CLA & Garcinia Cambogia. If you use them as what they are, SUPPLEMENTS, to SUPPLEMENT your healthy diet and exercise, then yes they will aid your results. They are NOT a SUBSTITUTE for healthy diet or exercise. The people who say, "It didn't work for me," usually change nothing within their diet and exercise and expect results. There is no pill that will magically make you lose weight. There are supplements, and that's what these are. They're not fat burners. GC is made to help suppress your appetite, which it does well for me.

So if asking, "Does it work," meaning, "Can I eat maintenance calories and lose weight?" then no, it doesn't work. Because it's not made to work like that. If you ask me if it suppresses your appetite, which what it is supposed to do, then yes it works.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you're not willing to put the work in and just want a shortcut to lose weight, get your stomach stapled. Otherwise, put in the work and find the supplements that work best with your body.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Agree. However, the green peanut butter M&Ms work like a charm!

characters_title_image.gif
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I take CLA & Garcinia Cambogia. If you use them as what they are, SUPPLEMENTS, to SUPPLEMENT your healthy diet and exercise, then yes they will aid your results. They are NOT a SUBSTITUTE for healthy diet or exercise. The people who say, "It didn't work for me," usually change nothing within their diet and exercise and expect results. There is no pill that will magically make you lose weight. There are supplements, and that's what these are. They're not fat burners. GC is made to help suppress your appetite, which it does well for me.

So if asking, "Does it work," meaning, "Can I eat maintenance calories and lose weight?" then no, it doesn't work. Because it's not made to work like that. If you ask me if it suppresses your appetite, which what it is supposed to do, then yes it works.

Basically, what your'e saying is that you're doing the same work you would without the pills and getting the same results? I'm guessing you just wanted to help your wallet lose a little weight.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Agree. However, the green peanut butter M&Ms work like a charm!

characters_title_image.gif

Peanut butter M&Ms...

homer-drooling-o.gif
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Last summer I lost over 30 pounds by running and cutting back on junk food. Along the way, I heard about Raspberry Keytones. Now, I'm a firm believer that you gotta work for what you want and a pill will NOT give you the results you want. However, I decided to try the keytones just to see if they would boost my weight loss even more. Although I'm not sure if they helped any with wight loss, I did notice that they made me feel better, more refreshed and above all — helped with bloating.
    So now I'm hearing about the Cambogia and I'd like to see about taking it as well, not so much for the weight loss, but for the other benefits it might have.
    My question is...do you think it would be ok to take both of these on a daily basis?

Back... by popular demand... it's the Raspberry Keytones!
    vxOWAS9.jpg
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I bought them for a lot of money, tried them...useless. I knew it beforehand but still wanted to give it a go. It all boils down to a calorie deficit.
    Stef.

This exactly... Calories in vs. calories out. Overall, the majority of people will lose weight if they are in a healthy calorie deficit. I say majority because there are those with medical issues that may prevent them from losing weight.

Go without the supplements.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

" In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes."
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281

There's conflicting studies out there, but here is one supporting raspberry ketones to lose weight. I seemed to have decreased appetite and lost a bit of weight while on them, but, of course this is inconclusive as to whether or not the RK was having a true effect. I'm also not using them any longer.

EDIT:
    Instead of asking ppl for personal opinions and experience, why not read the science articles and come to your own conclusions? Go to Google, search "Google scholar", then use your keywords. Very easy and much more informative (and accurate) than ppl's opinions on the matter.
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I take the Garcinia Cambogia it has helped me lose weight. I also take b12 as well. It is not a substitute for not eating right and not exercising you should still do both.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I take the Garcinia Cambogia it has helped me lose weight. I also take b12 as well. It is not a substitute for not eating right and not exercising you should still do both.

So if you are eating at a deficit and exercising... why are you giving the credit to the crap I mean Garcinia Cambogia?? Do you just like to give away your money if so I'll give you my address.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

So if you are eating at a deficit and exercising... why are you giving the credit to the crap I mean Garcinia Cambogia?? Do you just like to give away your money if so I'll give you my address.

"Conclusions.— Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo."
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147

So far the articles appear to agree that GC is crap for weight loss efforts.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    We really need a "FFS not this again" smiley, a combination of these I think :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :flowerforyou: :yawn: :huh:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

" In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes."
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281

There's conflicting studies out there, but here is one supporting raspberry ketones to lose weight. I seemed to have decreased appetite and lost a bit of weight while on them, but, of course this is inconclusive as to whether or not the RK was having a true effect. I'm also not using them any longer.

EDIT:
    Instead of asking ppl for personal opinions and experience, why not read the science articles and come to your own conclusions? Go to Google, search "Google scholar", then use your keywords. Very easy and much more informative (and accurate) than ppl's opinions on the matter.

This study is supporting raspberry keytones to reduce weight gain in rodents on a high fat diet. It is not supporting fat loss in humans.
  • sierrap93
    sierrap93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Jeez, how sweet and supportive some of you guys are.
  • sierrap93
    sierrap93 Posts: 12
    Options
    You think you're real cute dont'cha lol. Thanks for your input tho, seriously. It was HUGE help.......... but since I only spent $10 on a bottle ONCE and they DO help with feeling bloated, I'm not throwing my money away.