Getting Married in June 2011

Options
Need to lose little over 20 pounds...for the wedding but mostly because my doctor told me too! Ugh.

Looking to eat better and exercise. Tonight is the my first day at the gym. Wish me luck.
Any dinner suggestions? Does Panera have decent 500 calories meals?:smile:

Replies

• wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    Welcome! I'm getting married in July 2011. :) Panera is generally pretty high in calories (over 1000 calories per sandwich) but you might be able to find something lower in calories if you look on their website!
  • Debbie313
    Options
    I'm getting married in July 2011 too. Good luck to you!
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    You can do it! You will feel amazing for your wedding and your fiance and also your health will be in check! People here are really encouraging and can help keep you in check! What are you going to do to lose the weight? Best of luck!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love the fuji apple chicken salad! The entire thing is around 700 ish calories, but you can get it without blue cheese and pecans and save a few of those calories. Plus I usually only eat half of it any way and only use half the dressing. It has a pretty strong flavor!

Congratulations on getting married! I just got married last September. I lost about 10lbs before my wedding, but sadly have already put it back on! Life and happiness kind of got in the way, but I am back on track to lose that 10 again plus 4 or 5 more!
  • nicoleben
    Options
    I am getting married in october, i have the same goal as you, about 20-25 lbs... Good luck!
  • ant210
    ant210 Posts: 19
    Options
    I ended up having a greek salad and half a panini. Not too bad...high salt though. My first day...I hope to be better. Sadly I am a healthy meal dummy. I think diet and think only salads. Thanks for the support.
  • ant210
    Options
    Congrats to all the brides for this summer! Let's support each other. It's great to talk to someone about this. Even if it's little pointers here and there. I need it!!!
  • ant210
    Options
    One more question........any one recommend any good healthy food cook books?
  • nicoleben
    Options
    One more question........any one recommend any good healthy food cook books?

HUNGRY GIRL!!! I love this book!!
  • ant210
    Options
    thanks...I will check out that book this weekend. :)