Raspberry Keytones AND Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• sierrap93
    sierrap93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Listen lady, this is my first time on these forums and I was just looking to get peoples input so if you don't like that I posted this thread, here's an idea. D O N T C L I C K O N I T.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Listen lady, this is my first time on these forums and I was just looking to get peoples input so if you don't like that I posted this thread, here's an idea. D O N T C L I C K O N I T.

Most of the people here who are saying it's a waste of money are trying to also look out for some newbly members who might stumble upon this thread and think that taking this BS will work better than calorie reduction and exercise. They don't, they're just a waste of money. Nobody's saying that you can't waste your money, we're just presenting FACTS for other members to see.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I know Raspberry Keytones. I KNOW HER!
    She's really nice, very supportive.
  • Forty6and2
    Options
    I know Raspberry Keytones. I KNOW HER!
    She's really nice, very supportive.

Is she a stripper?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

You got peoples input. Just to help you, as you are new to the forums, at the top of the page there is a tab called search. If you click on that and type in your topic you will find a huge range of opinions on this topic (that's the ones that haven't ended up locked and deleted) maybe that would be a better place to start :flowerforyou:
  • sierrap93
    Options

Most of the people here who are saying it's a waste of money are trying to also look out for some newbly members who might stumble upon this thread and think that taking this BS will work better than calorie reduction and exercise. They don't, they're just a waste of money. Nobody's saying that you can't waste your money, we're just presenting FACTS for other members to see.
    And thats cool. But seriously, thats all they gotta say lol.
  • sierrap93
    Options

You got peoples input. Just to help you, as you are new to the forums, at the top of the page there is a tab called search. If you click on that and type in your topic you will find a huge range of opinions on this topic (that's the ones that haven't ended up locked and deleted) maybe that would be a better place to start :flowerforyou:
    Yeah, I'm not completely stupid, I knew about the search option, and I did that but the very few that came up about taking BOTH at the same time, was just a bunch of people being rude and no one actually answering the question. I guess I should have known it wouldn't be different for me, right?! lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

jad·ed adjective \ˈjā-dəd\ : feeling or showing a lack of interest and excitement caused by having done or experienced too much of something
    Full Definition of JADED
    1: fatigued by overwork : exhausted
    2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by surfeit <jaded network viewers> <jaded voters>
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Jeez, how sweet and supportive some of you guys are.

people are supporting you by helping you not waste your money.
  • Forty6and2
    Options

Meh, it's a public forum. If you don't want to hear what other people have to say, don't post.
  • Forty6and2
    Options

I like your username!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    They are both useless. No evidence of either of them doing anything.

" In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes."
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281

There's conflicting studies out there, but here is one supporting raspberry ketones to lose weight. I seemed to have decreased appetite and lost a bit of weight while on them, but, of course this is inconclusive as to whether or not the RK was having a true effect. I'm also not using them any longer.

EDIT:
    Instead of asking ppl for personal opinions and experience, why not read the science articles and come to your own conclusions? Go to Google, search "Google scholar", then use your keywords. Very easy and much more informative (and accurate) than ppl's opinions on the matter.

This study is supporting raspberry keytones to reduce weight gain in rodents on a high fat diet. It is not supporting fat loss in humans.
    Do you not understand that for ethical reasons humans are not used in preliminary studies? Also this:

"Another reason rodents are used as models in medical testing is that their genetic, biological and behavior characteristics closely resemble those of humans, and many symptoms of human conditions can be replicated in mice and rats. "Rats and mice are mammals that share many processes with humans and are appropriate for use to answer many research questions," said Jenny Haliski, a representative for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare."
    http://www.livescience.com/32860-why-do-medical-researchers-use-mice.html
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

I like your username!

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not completely stupid, I knew about the search option, and I did that but the very few that came up about taking BOTH at the same time, was just a bunch of people being rude and no one actually answering the question. I guess I should have known it wouldn't be different for me, right?! lol

Listen lady, plenty of people have answered the question. How you chose to interpret it is a different matter.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

" In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes."

There's conflicting studies out there, but here is one supporting raspberry ketones to lose weight. I seemed to have decreased appetite and lost a bit of weight while on them, but, of course this is inconclusive as to whether or not the RK was having a true effect. I'm also not using them any longer.

EDIT:
    Instead of asking ppl for personal opinions and experience, why not read the science articles and come to your own conclusions? Go to Google, search "Google scholar", then use your keywords. Very easy and much more informative (and accurate) than ppl's opinions on the matter.

This study is supporting raspberry keytones to reduce weight gain in rodents on a high fat diet. It is not supporting fat loss in humans.
    Do you not understand that for ethical reasons humans are not used in preliminary studies? Also this:

"Another reason rodents are used as models in medical testing is that their genetic, biological and behavior characteristics closely resemble those of humans, and many symptoms of human conditions can be replicated in mice and rats. "Rats and mice are mammals that share many processes with humans and are appropriate for use to answer many research questions," said Jenny Haliski, a representative for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare."

But that doesn't really answer the fact that this study has nothing to do with weight loss :noway:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

EDIT:

Yes, I do understand that and it doesn't change my previous statement.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

EDIT:

But that doesn't really answer the fact that this study has nothing to do with weight loss :noway:

"In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity..."

What part about improving obesity does not include weight loss? I do not believe they are talking about increasing obesity when they discuss improving obesity.
    Then you don't actually understand.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

EDIT:

What part about improving obesity does not include weight loss? I do not believe they are talking about increasing obesity when they discuss improving obesity.

*headdesk*
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

grabs popcorn...

I think SS understands quite well actually....
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

EDIT:

Let me try and clarify.

First, they fed rodents a caloric surplus with a high fat diet. The group of rodents who were overfed with raspberry keytones, gained less weight than the rodents who were overfed w/o the keytones.

I am claiming that this does not indicate the efficacy of raspberry keytones as a WEIGHT LOSS AID in HUMANS.

Secondarily, have you looked at the dosing ranges and considered how this translates to doses in human beings, and compared that to the doses that are typically recommended on the supplement bottle?