Sizes are annoying

Options
Went to buy a pair of trousers. Picked up a size 12, waaay to small. Picked up a size 14 they fit, but there was a mark, picked up another size 14 exact same trousers, waaay to big, tried exact same trousers in a 12 they fit just right. ......
I must be superwoman, I dropped a whole size within 30mins!!!!

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lol. Just take a tape measure with you next time you go shopping.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ugh I get that too! i range from a uk 10-16 in various high street shops!
    new look is generally on the smaller end for me, which makes me feel BRILL, whereas topshop makes me feel like crap because i take bigger sizes there (plus it's ridiculously overpriced...)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you try on the EXACT same pair of pants, size, style, brand, etc., with the ONLY difference being the color.
    One fits perfectly, the other is too small.... Could someone please explain that to me? :grumble:
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ugh I get that too! i range from a uk 10-16 in various high street shops!
    new look is generally on the smaller end for me, which makes me feel BRILL, whereas topshop makes me feel like crap because i take bigger sizes there (plus it's ridiculously overpriced...)

I get that in top shop i only go in there for bags or shoes always feel like rubbish if i try on the clothes an they dont fit!!
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    A tape measure today and tmmrw I'll be taking needle and thread!
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    YES! You people totally understand. my relatives always squeeze into a size 8 no matter what!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    A tape measure today and tmmrw I'll be taking needle and thread!
    Well, yeah.. If you lose weight constantly, that's good to have handy.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I held up two size 12 pants to each other in the store last week. One was at least 1 1/2 inches wider than the other. :noway:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Try customizing an outfit that's from Asia. Even though you triple check your measurements and follow their measurement chat they always find a way to mess it up! It seems that even if you get a size larger than your normal size they still reduce the size down to a small person.

Read my blog for more details if you're inclined to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kendall916/view/apparently-a-xl-in-america-is-a-m-in-china-642693
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    In American sizes I am 0-4 (depending on brand) in UK I am a 4-8. I am guessing the American sizes are for that vanity factor "Oh I'm a size 0!!" When in reality, nope, sorry, you're not "HOLLYWOOD" beautiful lol
    It's all nonsense, why I need to sew my own clothes even more so

:sad:
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Try customizing an outfit that's from Asia. Even though you triple check your measurements and follow their measurement chat they always find a way to mess it up! It seems that even if you get a size larger than your normal size they still reduce the size down to a small person.

Read my blog for more details if you're inclined to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kendall916/view/apparently-a-xl-in-america-is-a-m-in-china-642693

Awesome! I see you are a cosplayed. I never had the ability to stitch >.<
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 8 in some brands and a 12/14 in others. Most of the time I'm a 10, but even that varies a LOT.

I feel like the US sizes 6-12 are very wonky. When I was a 16+, almost everything in the same size fit just right.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you try on the EXACT same pair of pants, size, style, brand, etc., with the ONLY difference being the color.
    One fits perfectly, the other is too small.... Could someone please explain that to me? :grumble:

Funny! This JUST happened to me! Had to return the 2nd (untried on) pair because I had only tried on the 1st color (which fit perfectly). Very annoying.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I've always said I'm going to open my own store and ALL the sizes will be a 4, even if the waist is a 48!! You might be in the dressing room for 8 hours but you can tell all your friends you wear a size 4. lol