30 Day Shred Begins...

Options
I just recently purchased Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.. and I am looking forward to starting this. I have been told it is quite effective. All you need is a set of 3 pound hand weights (12.00) and the DVD (9.00).

-- Ahh! Let the burn begin!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Get ready for the first day! Your thighs will be shaky the rest of the day. I know mine were!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday. YOWSA I am so sore today!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Today will be my third day. Still pretty sure it will kill me!! :)
  • Moneygrow3
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred was a god send for me! I lost a total of 18 pounds!!! I am starting over with it today because I know it works for me! I am able to maintain and I feel great after the workout! It is HARD but you can do it!!!! Way to go!!!
  • beccers
    beccers Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Starting this afternoon...So excited to get it going!
  • angeladawn88
    Options
    I started this on the first. So I am on day 3 and oh boy is it a work out. But I have already lost 2 lbs, with doing this and keeping within my calories. Good luck to everyone doing this. I hope we all see the outcome we are wanting to see.
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't have this but is this a toning work-out video? How long is it usually?
  • SewLisa
    SewLisa Posts: 22
    Options
    This must be my kick in the right direction... The 30 day shred dvd was at the check out stand this morning when I was at the grocery store, and it was on sale for $7. It seems so out of place next to the candy bars, and I spent the time in line trying to decide if it was worth it. I think I am going to have to drop by on the way home from work and pick it up AND use it :)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I don't have this but is this a toning work-out video? How long is it usually?
    It's light circuit training - takes about 30 minutes.

5 minutes welcome, light warmup & stretch
    6 minutes circuit #1
    - 3 minutes of strength w/bells
    - 2 minutes or cardio
    - 1 minute of abs

- 1 minute get situated for next circuit, little breather

6 minutes circuit #2
    - 2 minutes or cardio
    - 1 minute of abs

- 1 minute get situated for next circuit, little breather

6 minutes circuit #3
    - 2 minutes or cardio
    - 1 minute of abs

5 minutes cooldown/stretch out - and it adds up to 30 minutes.

It's fun, the time goes quickly, and it WILL kick your butt at first. There are 3 levels in the workout, so you do level one for 10 days or so, then level 2 for 10, then level 3. You will definitely see progress as you go through it, and I plan to go through it again soon.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today. I did it once before but had to stop after Level 2 Day 3. I injured my neck. The plank exercises are what did it, I think. So I started L1 D1 didn't use any weights yet, I will add them after a couple of days. Might stay in level 1 longer than 10 days just to make sure that my arms and shoulders are ready for those damn planks in L2 this time!

I find the push ups to be the hardest in L1. The last set of abs, the bicycle crunches, I find are ok but man it kills my legs to hold them up at that 90 degree angle!!!

Good luck everyone!!