Pacer Users/Issues

Options
So questions (i have also inquired with MFP). So i use the pacer app on my iPhone, start accruing steps/calories, and have it auto synced with MFP and that works, it builds throughout the day. Then, when i go work out, then manually enter in my workout, the Pacer calorie adjustment goes to 0. Anyone know why? Why would it make my walking calories burned MOOT since i worked out, thus burning a higher number? Is this some formula with BMR essentially not letting you "Double Dip"?

Replies

• nancyinpink
    Options
    Anyone know the answer to this question? I have noticed the same thing and it's driving me crazy! When ever I add extra exercise, the Pacer calorie adjustment goes down. I cannot think for the life of me how this equates.
  • nancyinpink
    Options
    I think I have worked it out. I found this on a Myfitnesspal's page, describing a problem syncing with another app.

"Unfortunately, there is a known issue with MyFitnessPal's integration with Striiv that prevents this integration from successfully accounting for manually logged exercises in your MyFitnessPal Exercise Diary. If you are integrating with Striiv, logging additional exercises at MyFitnessPal will result in a Striiv Calorie Adjustment that removes the additional calories from your Diary."
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1084231

This sounds like the same problem to me. I have unsynced Pacer now and add everything manually again.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bump to read article later. Apparently I need to unsync Pacer from MFP - having the same issues.
  • blorkie
    blorkie Posts: 1
    Options
    I think my fitness pal assumes that Pacer has included the steps taken during exercising, even though you might not have had pacer on (I don't know about you, but I don't take my phone when I go for a fitness class). So it removes the calories you have burnt during exercising from Pacer calories (walking calories).
    I don't know how to fix it though
  • bbcue70
    bbcue70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating. I've decided to remove the Pacer app. I've ordered the Fitbit which will track all of my activity and is supposed to sync with MFP as well. Will arrive in 2 days and I'm super excited!
  • TedaMojo
    TedaMojo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread!! I spent a good chunk of time last night trying to figure out why my Pacer calories on MFP was at zero!! I think I will try and unsync it and just enter it manually as well!!! Much easier!! Can't tell me my 40min of exercise completely negates all my walking throughout the day!! Thanks again :)