need help

Options
I really want to lose weight off my belly and hips. I am classed as a healthy weight on my bmi but at the very top scale. I am 21 (5.6ft) and weigh 10stone 7lbs and I am struggling to keep it up with no motivation. I was always tiny as a teen until I got pregnant at age 20. I have tried exercising and lost a little weight recently but it doesn't seem to be shifting from my hips. Any one have any tips???

Replies

• Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you cannot spot reduce. I would be all over trying to get weight off my tummy and hips if we could.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's no way to spot reduce. Keep eating at a deficit and losing. Your body will decide where the weight comes off.
  • charlotte077839
    Options
    ok thankyou I seem to be shifting weight but else where. anyone have any advice on losing weight altogether then as I find my motivation to keep it off is really lacking as no matter how hard I seem to be pushing myself I end up in pain and hardly losing anything
  • HershFam5
    HershFam5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Squats, bicycle and sit ups work the best. Those are my problem areas too, and those are the exercises I have used to go from a size 20 to a size 16 in 8 months. :smile:
  • charlotte077839
    Options
    thankyou .. will give them a go .. fingers crossed!! summer is near LOL :laugh: