Oof What happened?

I am not sure what has happened. But somehow I have managed to gain 12lbs in the last couple months. I feel awful about it especially because its about to be warm weather and none of my clothes fit!

Its fairly overwhelming and I feel really stuck!

I actually work out a ton, but my eating has been off.

I've really messed up. Not sure how to get back on track.

UGH UGH UGH UGH

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I am not sure what has happened. But somehow I have managed to gain 12lbs in the last couple months. I feel awful about it especially because its about to be warm weather and none of my clothes fit!

Its fairly overwhelming and I feel really stuck!

I actually work out a ton, but my eating has been off.

I've really messed up. Not sure how to get back on track.

UGH UGH UGH UGH

Fix your eating.

Eat at a deficit. Track your calories. Weigh and measure your food and drinks.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    make better choices, log honestly, move more. you can do it! xx
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Calculate your TDEE, subtract a reasonable amount of calories to give you a deficit, and start eating that many calories a day :) you got this. Please don't restrict yourself food!
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    12 pounds in 2 months is quite a bit. You may need to have your blood sugar checked.
  • Don't beat yourself up. It sounds like you already know the problem: "your eating has been off". Try to be more mindful of what you're eating. It isn't easy, I know. In fact, I cheated this weekend. But I recorded everything. I think that's what makes myfitnesspal effective is that it provides concrete numbers. If you document everything, it will help.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    It took me only a month to gain that much, lol. Well, it's really not funny. :(

But then, once back on a deficit, 5 pounds fell off quick, so maybe those were water weight. I hope that's the case for you, too.

Just get back on the wagon my dear. We can do this. You're not alone. You're doing all the exercise right. Just gotta cut the cals again. If you don't want to log, then cut out the high calorie foods or treats, or whatever it is you think is causing you to go over.

And watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_cmltmQ6A
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    I think it may be that I went from being terribly unemployed and spending 3 hrs a day at the gym, to getting a new sedentary stressful job that pays $$ but takes up a lot of my time. I work out 6 days a week, but not to the degree that I used to. And I think I have been channeling my stress and anxiety fatty comfort foods.