Exercise Braclets

Options
eslcity
eslcity Posts: 323 Member
A couple days ago I was watching a TV program... and this extremely large guy lost a lot of weight.. which was doctor assisted and -- His doctor asked him to also wear a really cool bracelet I think it was fitbit (but not sure)... however, this is one feature it had... that I really liked and that was when ever he was inactive for too long it vibrated... to remind him to get up and walk around...

does fitbit do this.... or should i get another one...? or is this a common feature on these types of bracelets..

Replies

• MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a fit bit and it just logged your steps but thats a nice feature to remind you to get off your but
  • eslcity
    Options
    i have a pedometer for that.... or i had a pedometer - before i found out it wasn't washer safe... now looking for something a little different... but can't see buying a fitbits for 79.00USdollars or more.. to just track my steps... and i am sure i'm getting enough exercise.. just thought since i'm a teacher... a little reminder to get off my butt would be nice during the day.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I think it must have been the Nike Fuelband. I have a friend who has one. If she doesn't do something for a while, it flashes a text message on the screen telling her to go and do something. I think it may vibrate, too.

I have a fitbit Flex, and it only vibrates when I have accomplished my goal
  • eslcity
    Options
    Thank you... i will look at that one.....
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Jawbone vibrates when your inactive for too long. I think you can adjust that setting. Fitbit doesn't do that but it's a much better pedometer. Read the reviews on amazon.
  • Leahb523
    Leahb523 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, it tracks your steps, calories burned, calories in vs out, your sleep pattern, and how many miles you have walked per day. You can sync it to myfitnesspal so mfp auto syncs to load your calories in. You can also log your water intake, your BP,blood glucose, heartrate, your weight & measurements. It does vibrate but unsure of what you are speaking about. There is a premium that you can pay for, maybe the motivation vibration tool is on there. I know it vibrates when you reach your goal that you set. You can also Journal on it if you find that helpful.
  • MindainVA83
    MindainVA83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone, and it does vibrate when you're inactive too long. You can actually set it to tell you. I actually had a fitbit for a few weeks, but didn't really like it, so I went for the Jawbone Up 24, and I love it.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can set alarms on the fit bit flex to vibrate at a certain time. I set alarms for every hour I'm at work. A quick walk around the building is all I need. :)
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone, and it does vibrate when you're inactive too long. You can actually set it to tell you. I actually had a fitbit for a few weeks, but didn't really like it, so I went for the Jawbone Up 24, and I love it.

Can you tell me why you didn't like it. I'm looking into one and it's been a pain.
  • eslcity
    Options

Can you tell me why you didn't like it. I'm looking into one and it's been a pain.

_________

I actually would like the answer to this one also.....
  • eslcity
    Options
    I have been looking at these system... and while the jawbone sounds good.. I still like to see what i'm doing (in real time) which it seems not to have that feature... you have to have either a smartphone or computer to read it... I'm trying to get rid of my smartphone at the gym.. or when i go for a walk....

I'm old school i guess because i don't want to be connected to the world every moment of my life...

Kind of like the nike fuel but i just learned ... that nike inc. is closing that development... so i worry about jumping on a dead horse.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at these system... and while the jawbone sounds good.. I still like to see what i'm doing (in real time) which it seems not to have that feature... you have to have either a smartphone or computer to read it... I'm trying to get rid of my smartphone at the gym.. or when i go for a walk....

I'm old school i guess because i don't want to be connected to the world every moment of my life...

Kind of like the nike fuel but i just learned ... that nike inc. is closing that development... so i worry about jumping on a dead horse.

So far from the months of research I have done, the Fitbit has the best reviews. The Nike fuel is consistently inaccurate, and the Jawbone is a pain because in order to figure out where you are for the day you have to plug it in. The Fitbit Flex though does not have a screen that tells you where you are at for the day but I believe the ones you clip on your belt do.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone24 and from what I can tell it's fairly accurate as far as steps taken/miles walked.

The sleep feature is also cool as well.

The Bluetooth comparability feature made it a no brainer for me. Not having to plug it in is a win.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    My two cents... I don't like the Jawbone for the same reasons stated. The fuelband is a dead horse.

The fitbit flex will not show you in real time... but the fitbit one will. The biggest problem at the moment is that you simply will not find a device that does all that you want it to... the tech simply isn't there yet. But if you are willing to settle for most of the features you want then the Fitbit One is not a bad option. Just don't run it through the wash by leaving it n your pocket or anything.
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought the "dead horse" and I like it. :happy: