ugh

Options
Okay, I've been keeping my calories around 1200 a day. I walk to work each morning & evening to\from the train, which is about a 15 minute walk. I've also just recently joined a gym and for the most part have been going each night. I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill and now am doing 1 hour on the treadmill. In the last month, I've lost 8 pounds, What do I need to do??? I feel like this is taking FOREVER! HELP!:explode:

Replies

• COFFEE0904
    Options
    Okay, I've been keeping my calories around 1200 a day. I walk to work each morning & evening to\from the train, which is about a 15 minute walk. I've also just recently joined a gym and for the most part have been going each night. I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill and now am doing 1 hour on the treadmill. In the last month, I've lost 8 pounds, What do I need to do??? I feel like this is taking FOREVER! HELP!:explode:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    8lbs in a month is right on track! U should be proud of yourself :) Think of how much healthier your body is from all of that exercise and healthy eating. Keep up the good work!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    8 pounds is exactly what you should have lost.... its great!!!! you cant expect miracles... you should only be losing 1-2 pounds a week(depends what you set your goal as) your doing awesome keep it up!!!

jackie
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I agree! 8 pounds a month is incredible!!! I'm lucky if I can lose 1lb a week. You don't really want to lose any faster than that or it becomes unhealthy. Just listen to your body, it knows what it's doing. :happy:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?

And your loosing alot of weight now because of the water weight and any weight you might have put on in the last 6 months. Please keep in mind this is a slow journey but its the RIGHT way and you will keep it off by loosing it slowly and right. Please don't get discouraged, I was just like you in the beginning I lost 8lbs and then a few lbs later I hit a plateau for a month, but now i am only 6lbs away from my goal 6 months later.

Good luck!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I do know how you feel, but keep in mind that our bodies did not get in this shape overnight, nor will it magically shrink overnight. Personally, I don't think you are seeing the bigger picture here. First of all, 8lbs in a month is great!!! Also, you said you started out with 30 min and now are doing 60 min...that's fantastic! It shows how much stronger your heart is now compared to in the beginning. This lifestyle change (just like life) is a marathon, not a sprint. A quick fix is not the answer to long term health and fitness. Keep up all the great work and before you know it, you'll be at your goal...for a lifetime!

Oh, btw, don't just look at your goal as a specific number. Keep in mind less inches, more muscle, a stronger heart, and just feeling better in general. Best of luck!!!
  • COFFEE0904
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THIS HELPS ALOT. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yes, BUT, that ( 2 lb a week)would be 104 pounds in a year! If you look at the long view (1 lb a week)you'll make it in less than a year and not be so frustrated that you give up.

For me this is a journey, not a sprint. Did that done that been there before, too many times. This time is for real..reality....time to change lifestyle, not 'diet'.
    Ez