I'm getting married in March and i need support! Please help

Options
Hello,

I'm getting married in March and i'd love you to kick my *kitten* if i don't log on everyday and exercise everyday!

You support me and i'll support you.

Wedding photos immortalise you for the rest of your life and i really really don't want to look back when i'm older and wish i'd tried harder to stay healthy. I don't want to see my bingo wings!

I'm quite petite and weight really shows on me, so i'm on a mission now. 82 days to go :o)

Thanks for your help :o)

xxx

Replies

• hartcandi
    Options
    Hello Brunette_Babe, I am getting married in August so I understand your dilemma. I, HartcandI, do seldom swear to kick your @ss if you do no log in everyday and workout on your set goal dates. LMAO
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun! I'll kick yours too!
    lol
  • Killedforlove
    Options
    I have a year till i get married.. Oct 13 of 2012.. So i know how ya feel.. I'll kick you into gear!! Cuz if you can do it so can i! :D
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    Check out "Brides on a Mission" on the support and motivation board!
    And, Welcome! :)
  • gnt64a
    gnt64a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Congrats on getting married soon. It makes it alot easier with a goal to look forward too, and such an important day i am sure you'll look your best no matter what.
    Good luck
    Graham
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My frist thought is this: don't lose weight (just) for your wedding, lost it for the rest of your life. If you lose it too quick, it will just pile right back on afterwards. You want to be a gorgeous wife, not just a gorgeous bride. :) That being said, water, especially in the weeks and days and even hours (!) leading up to your ceremony will be your best friend. Your skin will look hydrated and glowing and it will flush out all the nasty toxins and waste that our bodies hold on to. Exercise is also your best friend. You want to be a toned hott mamma. :) Even if you haven't lost the exact poundage you want to by your date, you can still have lost some and be a toned, glowing bride. A SUPER slight professional spray on tan can help you look slimmer too. And Spanx. Ok, I'm done. :)
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    *lose it for the rest of your life.
  • gnt64a
    gnt64a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lose it for life,,, yeh you're right. I find it amazing how much food i've been eating extra all my life.
  • katiesummers
    Options
    i'm getting married in september so i know how you feel! stay strong and use visulisation too. stick photos of wedding dressed on a popular colour of card, stick them on the fridge, the cupboard, in your purse, on your wardrobe....everywhere. you will soon not want that extra food as you will see weddings everywhere....and the colour will symbolise the wedding too...so everytime you see that colour, you will think of the wedding! my friend did this for her posture (not with pictures, just wrote 'correct your posture' on a postit note, and now when she sees that colour, she checks her posture. it has helped her loads!) hope this helps!
  • YNeely
    YNeely Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey hun!

I am with you all the way, I also expect you to give me a kick up the backside if I dont log on!

xx
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know how you all feel. I got married in 2009 and I was focused about losing weight for my wedding. I used Jenny Craig to lose the weight. I lost 29 pounds but it did not stay off. Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig are soy based so when you go off the food the weight comes back. I wish I had known about the workouts that I am doing now back then. I have lost 25 pounds and 4 dress sizes doing Slim in 6 and now TurboFire. Boy I wish I had known about them back then!!! I am here for you guys if you need any support. I am new to this site please add me as your friend. I know how stressful wedding planning can be. Your workouts will help relieve stress so definitely get your workouts in. Everything will be lovely. I am sure.
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great tips by the way :O)
  • dyscarp
    Options
    If you make sure you are honest about what you are eating and how much you will find that the program works. I struggled for years to lose weight and since using myfitnesspal I have lost 14 pounds. I have a ways to go, but at least see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Stay positive and keep your goal in sight and you will do it.