How long does it take to notice fat loss?

Options
Hey guys!

So I've recently started up with MFP again, and my main goal is to reduce my overall body fat percentage, especially in the belly region.

I'm 20 years old, I'm 5'4", and I currently weigh about 135 lbs.

My routine at the gym typically consists of half an hour on the elliptical (I usually burn anywhere between 300-350 calories according to the machine), followed by some mild strength training exercises (squats, situps, leg lifts, inner and outer thigh machines, etc.).

About how long, given this information, would it take for a significant amount of fat to be burned from my body? And does anybody have any tips, both food and exercise, regarding fat loss?

Thanks so much! <3

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

So I've recently started up with MFP again, and my main goal is to reduce my overall body fat percentage, especially in the belly region.

I'm 20 years old, I'm 5'4", and I currently weigh about 135 lbs.

My routine at the gym typically consists of half an hour on the elliptical (I usually burn anywhere between 300-350 calories according to the machine), followed by some mild strength training exercises (squats, situps, leg lifts, inner and outer thigh machines, etc.).

About how long, given this information, would it take for a significant amount of fat to be burned from my body? And does anybody have any tips, both food and exercise, regarding fat loss?

Thanks so much! <3

You left out a rather crucial bit of detail which is how much are you eating?
  • littlemermaidleelee
    Options
    Oops sorry about that!

According to MFP, my net calorie intake needs to be about 1410 calories in order for me to lose 0.5lbs-1lb per week. I tend to eat about 1700 calories and I exercise off roughly 300-350 calories.

Hope this helps! Thanks!