Snackin

Options
I want to know how everyone handles feeling hungry all the time when attempting to lose weight? Do you feel hungry? Do you snack? I feel like when I snack I don't lose weight, even if they are healthy snacks. It seems to eat up too many of my calories for the day so I wanted to hear from you. Do you just gut it out and not eat or what?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much. I would rather have all my calories in 2 large meals then burn them up 100 calories at a time eating something that provides no satiation. A handful of almonds or an apple does nothing to help me feel full.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't restrict my calories so much that I am hungry all the time. I eat a reasonable deficit and eat foods that will keep me fuller longer. I do eat snacks - I just try and eat healthier filling snacks with protein and fiber.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2-3 snacks in the afternoon. After dinner I always have ice cream for a 'snack'.

It really doesn't matter how much or what you eat, you just have to budget your calories properly. It helps to pre-log your days.
    When I pre-log, I fill in my 3 meals for the day, and then fill in the rest with the snacks and other goodies. Works wonders.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do often feel hungry during the day. Or I just get bored and have the urge to snack. So I've take the calories for my lunch, and spread them into several low-calorie snacks to eat throughout the day.

Baby carrots
    Raw cauliflower
    Sliced cucumber
    Fruit
    Oatmeal
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    500 of my daily calorie alowance goes to snacks. I just can't go a long time between meals, I get too shaky. I know I will have to cut back once I am closer to my goal weight but for now I just try to choose healthy foods to get me through the day
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack. I aim for fulling, satisfying meals... If I am hungry before the next meal (and I always am) - it is ok because: Hunger is not an emergancy! (This is what I tell myself a lot.) I do have to plan a bit of a snack before my lunch break runs. Sometimes I have a bowl of popcorn in the evening. But unless I feel like I am going to die, I try not to snack. Bigger meals work so much better for me.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i snack when i want and i do it often i still lose weight :0 my snack cals be looking like 1k lol
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Water is my key to keep from over doing it. Drinking lots of water helps curb cravings and keeps me from feeling hungry. I allow one snack a day usually. It gives me a treat and something to look forward to. I also plan out what I will eat for the week on Sundays. That is very helpful.
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, very helpful. I really like the idea of pre-loading my meals for the day, that way there is no surprises.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I have snacks..it is almost like they are stones in a river..helping me get to the other side..which would be bed and within my calorie goal.

…but the other day I had a full lunch and thought i went off plan..but I had no desire to snack and felt full for once. So my snacking calories went toward my lunch. So, I'm starting to think the snacking keeps me thinking about food all day.
  • arijo7
    arijo7 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If I know I will have enough calories, I will snack. Don't be afraid of snacking if it fits in your plan. Try drinking lots of water. It makes you feel a lot more full. If I don't have the calories to have snacks throughout the day, I keep myself busy and distract myself so I forget about the feeling of hunger :)
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    I pre log all my meals and then I know what I have left for snacks :) Iam a definite snacker! I get pretty hangry if I don't get fed :)