Do i feel fat.

gnt64a
gnt64a Posts: 8 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys,
I've just joined MFP and i love it already..
Sorry my name is Graham and i live in sunny Bournemouth, also just joined a local gym to try and help me lose weight. the weight i put on at xmas with all the treats and drinks.(I love xmas for that)
I am hopefully going to do the Great South Run in October, so with using MFPi am going to keep control of my eating.
How do i find out the ideal amount of calories i should eat to lose weight. i am getting different amounts form different web sites.
thats all for now folks.
thanks for looking.
Graham.

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Hello Graham! Welcome to MFP, you will feel right at home here!
    Lovely that you live in Bournemouth - I used to go on holiday there as a kid. Fond memories!
  • gnt64a
    Hi,
    I used to come here as a kid too and said i'd move here when i was older. so i did.
    bye.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Most sites are pretty accurate. There is a whole formula if you really want it I can pull it out for you. If you want to loose a lb a week you need to be either burning 500 cals/day or creating a deficit of cal by 500/day. Again if you really want the formula I will pull it out for you, but most of the sites are pretty accurate. How off are they saying, because if it is 200 cals off it is still okay.
  • gnt64a
    thanks pftjill.
    I am still stuck, sorry. some sites say around 2000 a day so is that right do you think?
    cheers Graham
This discussion has been closed.