jean sizes.

Options
would really like to fit into a size 9 but i do not remember what i weighed back in the years that seem so far away. can any of you give me any ideas. i know there are lots of factors...for example i have the african american booty and hips so i gots to get the waist over them. lol

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I can wear a size 9 right now and I weigh 145.2 (just weighed in this morning). I want to get back into my size 6's, and they fit really comfortably when I weighed 130ish.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and I was able to wear size nine when I hit 155 lbs or so....
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Remmber - the size 9 is a Junior size for gals in high school and sometimes college. The body changes once we are 25-30 to more of a woman's body. Aim for a 10 - or even an 8!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and no hips or butt, its kinda sad, but my belly fits into a 9 when I'm in my 140's
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'8". I am 130ish and in a 5.
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    i wear a size 9. I am 5 ft 10 and 158 lbs....i have no booty though
  • AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I work at White House/Black Market and our size 8 would fit someone in the 150 range, waiste and booty permitting of course ;)
  • ababygrace
    Options
    It just goes to show that height makes a big difference because when I am 155 -158, I'm lucky if I get in a 10 and Jr sizes would be a 13. I am around 5'3. When I was 140, I fit into a 6.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    With my body type - I'd be happy in a 12. Now wearing 14s and they're loose.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The rub here is ... it depends on WHOSE jeans you are talking about. Seems like every company makes different size jeans so what is 9 in one isn't 9 in another.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm 5'5" 148# ...I comfortably wear a size 8 or 9.
    I have curves, have a more athletic build.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i am between juniors 9 and 11's.
    i am 5'8" and i weigh 146-148.

i also rock the belly belly pooch :/
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    How long ago are you talking? Sizes have changed so much that the size 9's you're thinking of are really 5's. I have a pair of work out pants from 2000 and they are a size L and I can barely squeeze my butt into them, but I wear a size L and occasionally a M in all other workout clothes. As we got bigger, the manufacturers adjusted the sizes to make us not feel so bad about it :laugh:
  • kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Although I am caucasian...I am told regulary that I have a black girl bootie. In other words, baby do I have back :glasses: I am 5'9" tall and 170 lbs...but I am a very muscular woman...and I am in a size 10 currently. I think depending on your curves and height you are looking at somewhere around 160ish.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Remmber - the size 9 is a Junior size for gals in high school and sometimes college. The body changes once we are 25-30 to more of a woman's body. Aim for a 10 - or even an 8!

I agree! I didn't buy the 9s I tried on even though they fit well. I wasn't willing to show my backside when I bent to pick up my baby. Not all jeans are like that, but most in the Junior section are.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I'm in a 6/8 right now (depending on the brand) and I'm at 142-145 lbs and 5'4- I'm also very curvy so sometimes the butt is a little tight
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I am 5'10" and 150. I'm in a size 10 as of this weekend, lol. It will vary depending on your age, body type and how much stretch you like in your jeans.

As others have said though, keep in mind 9s are juniors. I recently tried 11s and while the fit technically, they were entirely too SHORT in the waist for me. 10s were perfect though. So to be around that same number, lol, don't forget to try the adult clothes. :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    How long ago are you talking? Sizes have changed so much that the size 9's you're thinking of are really 5's. I have a pair of work out pants from 2000 and they are a size L and I can barely squeeze my butt into them, but I wear a size L and occasionally a M in all other workout clothes. As we got bigger, the manufacturers adjusted the sizes to make us not feel so bad about it :laugh:

I've noticed that a lot lately! Really frustrates me because I like to use sizes as a measure of success...but if they keep changing the sizes, then it's really not that great of a measure.

Also, I have noticed some manufacturers doing the opposite (even MORE annoying, I think). I have a pair of size 8 jeans from Aeropostale that I bought back in 2008 and they still fit exactly the same as they did when I bought them. But I went in there right before winter to get a new pair, and thank God I tried them on! Their new size 8 jeans got stuck around my hips and I couldn't even pull them on all the way. :explode: I had to go somewhere else because according to them I was back up to a size 12 even though I was only 5 pounds heavier than I was when I bought the first pair. I mean, really? 2 pounds=1 dress size??? Not hardly...especially since that first pair still fits. A little tighter, but still fits and looks nice.
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    It just goes to show that height makes a big difference because when I am 155 -158, I'm lucky if I get in a 10 and Jr sizes would be a 13. I am around 5'3. When I was 140, I fit into a 6.

you are closer to my height so maybe.... thanks
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options

I've noticed that a lot lately! Really frustrates me because I like to use sizes as a measure of success...but if they keep changing the sizes, then it's really not that great of a measure.

Also, I have noticed some manufacturers doing the opposite (even MORE annoying, I think). I have a pair of size 8 jeans from Aeropostale that I bought back in 2008 and they still fit exactly the same as they did when I bought them. But I went in there right before winter to get a new pair, and thank God I tried them on! Their new size 8 jeans got stuck around my hips and I couldn't even pull them on all the way. :explode: I had to go somewhere else because according to them I was back up to a size 12 even though I was only 5 pounds heavier than I was when I bought the first pair. I mean, really? 2 pounds=1 dress size??? Not hardly...especially since that first pair still fits. A little tighter, but still fits and looks nice.

yes, i have noticed the difference in brand size. and yea i wore a sized 9 in 1993. lmao.... long ago. i guess the best thing will continue to aim for my 130 pounds or so. mainly just a healthy bmi.