Anybody have Breakfast Ideas? Lunch? Dinner?

Options
awkwardlyhannah
awkwardlyhannah Posts: 21 Member
I'm looking for simple, easy to execute (as I am NOT a morning person), hearty and healthy breakfast foods. I'm much more of a sweet breakfast lover, for example I really like nature's path oatmeal, smoothies, etc. This is mostly why I'm posting.

Do you have any smoothie recipes? Any breakfast combos that fill you up?

On that note, I'm also looking for easy to make and pack lunches (my girlfriend has a packed lunch for work every day, I do pretty well with that but I don't always know what to give her besides a sandwich and sides).

As well as any dinner recipes. Mostly trying to see what you guys use and how you cook quick, efficient, nutritious meals.

(I'm trying to stay away from too many carbs, cutting my sugar intake as well, all a matter of PCOS).
Thanks!

Replies

• WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Eggs usually fill me up! My favorite breakfast is eggs (72cal), egg white(17cal), a bagel(120cal), raspberry jam(25cal) and some butter (21cal). That satisfies me! You can make egg white pancakes or something! Also, yogurt with fruit or in your smoothies!

Lunch: You could use a wrap instead, make a honey mustard dip (made with yogurt) or some garlic cream sauce (also made with yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper) for the sides and wrap! Cheese quesadillas too maybe?

Dinner: Protein and stir fry! My favorite would be chicken with herbs and mixed veggies with teriyaki sauce or sometimes I have quinoa brown rice mixture! :)
  • GettingBack2Fabulous
    Options
    Breakfast
    I make my own protien bars and they last all week and I contol what's in them like oats, dried cranberries,honey, 70% cocoa chocolate bar etc there are tons on recipes. I also love just plain instant oat packages and I add some raisin and alittle brn sugar u can add whatever u like of course.
    Breakfast smoothies:
    1 cup strawberries
    1 banana
    1/2 oa
    1tsp raw honey
    1/2 cup peanut butter I use pb2
    1 cup almond milk or whatever milk you drink or ice cubes

6oz. Choboni pineapple greek yogurt
    3/4 cup frozen pineapple or fresh
    Almond milk to taste

1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    Can add honey & milk to taste

Lunch
    Wraps are great they make spinach and avacado wraps or u can just use large leaf lettuce.
    I put salads in mason jars and they last for the whole week I like the jar cuz I can shake my dressing all over the salad.
    Ill bake chicken in the oven covered in onions, peppers and no salt diced tomatoes and then sprinkle mrs dash no salt seasonings let it bake in all the juices and it is amazing great for lunch dinner and holds up well for about 3 days in the fridge

Dinner
    Crock pot it up lol u can do just about anything in the crock pot from burgers to lasagna to pulled pork u name it

Hope that helped alittle!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is easily the meal I struggle with the most. I found this recipe for pancakes from the biggest loser, and they are the best little things known to man. Whats awesome is a serving is 3 pancakes, and it fills you up and gives you great energy. I made a batch up on sunday for the week and they freeze great in little baggies that I pre portioned out. Whats also slick, is that they pop in the toaster, so they are super easy for work! AND they taste like french toast!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2151521
  • skhuu
    skhuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Egg (or Egg White) scramble with broccoli or mushroom or spinach. Serve with flatbread (i've been eating Flatout Flatbread) or whole wheat bread and some sriracha.

- Plain greek yogurt + Honey with a piece of fruit

Lunch - Chicken Avocado Salad (chicken breast, avocado, greek yogurt, onion, cilantro) on flatbread or whole wheat bread. Usually with an apple. If I get hungry in the afternoon, I snack on another apple or raw almonds.

Dinner - Miso glazed salmon - Mix 2tbps miso paste, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp sesame oil, water to thin it out. Spread paste on salmon filets, bake in oven at 350 for about 7-8mins per inch of thickness, broil on high for 7 mins. I eat this with cauliflower rice and steamed broccoli.
  • Shannieg755
    Shannieg755 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My quick go-to breakfast is to put 2 eggs (sometimes I opt for just just egg whites) in a coffee mug and beat lightly with a fork. Then I add salsa, spinach, onion and cheese. Microwave for 2minutes or so and walk out the door with it. It's quick, delicious and filling. I just bought some chia and plan to try adding that too.
  • ktg503
    ktg503 Posts: 20
    Options
    If you like sweet things, you might try my handy-dandy quick oatmeal recipe.

1/2 to 3/4 cup instant oats
    enough almond milk to cover the oats (you can do vanilla if you like!)
    frozen fruit (I like berries usually but peaches are also delish)
    drizzle of maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)

and toss it in the microwave for 2:30-3:00! Tasty, filling, and just sweet enough.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i made dinner based on the recipe on the egg cartons today - NO SERIOUSLY

12 oz ground turkey
    1 can olives(small) drained
    1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
    1 bag frozen peppers an onions thawed
    1 dozen eggs,
    1tsp cumin
    sprinkle garlic
    8 oz cheddar cheese

cook turkey and onions ( i microwaved , cuz was in hurry,sprinkle with 1/2 cumin )
    add to large 9x13 cake pan
    mix in with diced olives and black beans , in sep bowl, scramble eggs
    pour eggs over veg mi/meat mix.
    stir together, top with cheese, bake 35-40 minutes 350 degrees, cut into 8ths
    thats for supper as main serving, 362 calories
    or 1/16ths for like lunch breakfast

serve with salsa.

was nummy

could have removed maybe 4 eggs, but i wanted HIGH protein dinner
  • renfrowife
    renfrowife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SusanBT1954
    SusanBT1954 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am a breakfast lover and will get up 20 minutes earlier if it means a nice breakfast. I like center cut bacon, an egg and a piece of 40 calorie toast. Sometimes, being a Southern girl, I like grits & bacon. Oatmeal is good. Oatmeal and grits come in instant packets so can be easily fixed, but the Quaker 1 minute oats can be done quickly in the microwave. Of course,, Special K with fat free milk and strawberries (which are in season here now) or a banana is good. I find if I have included protein, it keeps my hunger at bay longer. You can always make low cal muffins ahead of time and pop them in the freezer so they are ready when you are. There are also breakfast muffins that include eggs and such that you can freeze and then zap in the mornings.
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My quick go-to breakfast is to put 2 eggs (sometimes I opt for just just egg whites) in a coffee mug and beat lightly with a fork. Then I add salsa, spinach, onion and cheese. Microwave for 2minutes or so and walk out the door with it. It's quick, delicious and filling. I just bought some chia and plan to try adding that too.

Loving this idea! I'm super lazy in the morning so this would be great!
  • nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lijuly
    lijuly Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I understand about not being a morning person and I prefer something sweet in the morning as well. I started a weight loss challenge at work a few weeks ago and I find that I'm fine with a yogurt in the morning. The one I like has 25 grams of carbs, but it holds me over for several hours. It's Yoplait Whips. The consistency makes it seem more like pudding and the flavors are good. They don't have an aftertaste like I find most yogurts have. It's something to try. Good Luck!
  • white_rushin
    Options
    For lunch or dinner, I tend to make one of my all time favorite meals and its really simple.

2/3 cup of frozen corn
    2/3 cup of frozen peas
    4 oz of chicken

You can microwave it if you need it quick/on the go, or you can stir fry it with a bit of oil. I add sriracha to it or sometimes the orange chicken sauce from Panda Express :)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rompydompy
    rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    try overnight refrigerator oatmeal-- you just throw your oats ( I like a multigrain hot cereal) and some milk and sugar and dried cranberries or whatever other goodies you want in a jar, give it a shake, and toss it in the fridge. You're all set in the am! I also like to add cottage cheese to my pancake batter to up the protein and fill-me-up factors :)

Lunch, I'm a big fan of soups-- you can make your own out of your leftover dinners, or get reduced sodium canned versions that are filling, low cal, and easy to have in a packed lunch with some carrots and dip or fresh fruit.

Dinner, I like home cooked comfort food-- spaghetti with *gasp!* regular hamburger meat, big ol' new york strip steaks and salad, baked whole chicken (Thomas Keller's recipe on Epicurious is insanely, orgasmically delicious, I kid you not).... basically a protien, a steamfresh bag of veggies or tossed salad, and maybe a bread or starchy side, depending on cal. count.

I like real food. No low fat this, fat free that, no sugar added, etc. BS. I'm also on a 1200 cal./per day limit, plus whatever extra for exercise. I still eat normal food. More balanced now, but definitely no sacrifices :) My diary's open, feel free to peruse!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Love meat salads. Make tuna, chicken, salmon or fake crab salad....the trick is use Greek yogurt instead of mayo and add 1/2 cup frozen corn and a 1/2cup frozen peas along with a tsp of Dijon mustard. If you want buffalo chicken salad use carrots and celery and 3 slugs of chipotle Tabasco instead of Dijon. All of these are wonderful in a butter lettuce wrap or chick pea crepe. I use Alton Brown's crepe recipe but substitute chick pea flour for white flour. 1 batch makes 20 crepes good for a week. For dinner I love portobello pizza and red/orange/yellow bell pepper pizzas . Scrape out the gils on potobello caps and top accordingly. Slice the flat sides of bell peppers and top accordingly 400* for 15-20 min . Spectacular!!
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What consistency are the eggs? Is it like a scramble or a poached egg?
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Summer porridge aka overnight oats. So many recipies you can google. Make in the evening. In the morning remove from fridge and eat. This is my version.
    40g muesili
    200g chobani low fat greek yogurt. (Works better with a bit less but I want that 20g protein)
    200ml milk (adjust to your taste for consistency)
    50g frozen mixed berries.
    I also add 10g each flax chia and sunflower seeds.

I also do the eggs in a mug thing for brekky or easy lunch at work.

I also love 200g of cottage cheese sprinkled with a little cinnamon for brekky.
    Or for lunch with a little tortilla mix and some chopped tomato , or too many other ideas to list, just get creative with any ingredients you like :-)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast lover and will get up 20 minutes earlier if it means a nice breakfast. I like center cut bacon, an egg and a piece of 40 calorie toast. Sometimes, being a Southern girl, I like grits & bacon. Oatmeal is good. Oatmeal and grits come in instant packets so can be easily fixed, but the Quaker 1 minute oats can be done quickly in the microwave. Of course,, Special K with fat free milk and strawberries (which are in season here now) or a banana is good. I find if I have included protein, it keeps my hunger at bay longer. You can always make low cal muffins ahead of time and pop them in the freezer so they are ready when you are. There are also breakfast muffins that include eggs and such that you can freeze and then zap in the mornings.

Whats the name of the 40 calorie bread....where can it be found?
    Dr Oz said Ezekiel bread could be found everywhere but I have not been able to find it & every bread that Ive looked at for nutritional values have very high #'s :frown:
  • gailrobards
    gailrobards Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i add chia and a spritz of water to my eggs, beat them and scramble. YUM