One Year with MFP - 60lbs Gone!

Options
baiye1
baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
On May 6, 2013, a few days after a personal issue, I decided that if I were going to keep up with my 8 year old, I had better do something. I was the heaviest I had ever been (not pregnant) and I just felt tired, lethargic and generally unmotivated and awful. I don't know what happened that Monday, but I woke up and logged into MFP. I changed my stats to what it was that morning, and went hard at'er. I lost 40lbs between May 6 and August 20th. Kind of lost momentum over the winter but, while I gained back 10, I've lost them and then some. So, although it's a day early, here is my success story.

This was taken a month in. I'm 10lbs lighter than my starting weight but I wasn't going to regain just to take the pic!

ae6d4aea-a3d4-4749-a479-b3d4e077450d.jpg

This is the difference in my face. One is from an ID card, one is a selfie.

3649b246-c503-4871-bbf9-ed939c141c32.jpg

I have quite a ways to go, but I'm still proud of what I've done. It's not all about the scales for me, I'm enjoying the NSVs as well. It's a journey, I guess, right? :happy:

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! I am proud of you. YOu should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the good work. I will!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    60lbs is awesome. nsvs are so rewarding too!!
  • beesmall
    beesmall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! What a year of hard work! wonderful effort! x.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I hope to be writing a similar post next year!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Awesome job and keep up the good work. :smile: :smile:
  • stacyg1979
    stacyg1979 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    way to go! thanks for sharing your success story and pics - really inspirational! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    You are doing great..much smaller. Great work.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, scales makes us feel unmotivated but those NSV's we get in different ways - they really kept us going and moving. Congratulations to you!

Note: It is my 1 year old son who motivated me so much into losing weight. He is quite big and athletic for his age that I have to keep up with him. VERY GOOD REASON!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! Great job!! Celebrate your success!! And keep on it! You've got this down!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!