fat and fifty three.

gucci2
gucci2 Posts: 1
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I have just started my fitness pal. My GP informs me tht the symptoms I describe, coupled with my weight gain is due to me travelling through the menopause? It sucks, I feel fat and old and could really do with some support. HELP :sad:

Replies

• srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    It can sure impact your overall mood and weight gain.

I turn 50 next week. I've been feeling it now for the last year or so - and had a hysterectomy in October. They left an ovary but the hot flashes have been coming fast and furious - mostly in the evening.

Hang in there. What has helped me is an increase in exercise.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    MFP is the greatest for support! Just you wait, soon you'll be figuring it all out. With so many people a part of this network, you're going to find several other women that have or are going through the exact same thing. You may feel fat and fifty-three now, but soon you'll be feeling fabulous at fifty-three!!
  • AuntieEm61
    AuntieEm61 Posts: 6 Member
    I understand how you're feeling... when you just start the road may seem long and unknown. I'm trying to focus on one day at a time. Definately exercise will help those symptons and speed the weight loss. It's hard to get moving for me... but I try just a bit at a time. Hang in there... you're not on this road alone. :smile:
  • cindylouk
    cindylouk Posts: 9 Member
    Happy New Year,

I had a partial hysterectomy and I take Black Cohosh for the hot flashes you can buy it over the counter and it has helped me. Best wishes in the New Year with your weight loss and those nasty hot flashes.
This discussion has been closed.