Quest bars?

Options

Replies

• emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options

And just as a side note...how on earth did you eat 3 in a row?? :/ omg

I had the cookies and creme and 2 cookie dough bars-- they taste like candy so eating 3 was not a problem. Eating large quantities of anything has never been a problem for me (which is why Intermittent Fasting has worked so well for me-- huge meals 2 or 3 times within my feeding window).

BTW. While i realize anyone can file a lawsuit that does not mean that Quest Bars really have the macros they claim (alternatively they may). Because of this possibility if i want protein i'll just have some real food (or in a pinch some whey powder). If i want a bar that tastes like candy i'll have a real candy bar.

No, for sure. I've just seen it so many times I ignore it until I see proof. We seriously hear of these every day, quest bars are just do popular it's gotten more attention (which is what I guess was the point of the lawsuit)
  • hutchmanz
    hutchmanz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    supplementscanada.com

$28.99 a box and usually free shipping
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    A MFP tipped me to this place:

http://www.canadianprotein.com/protein-bars.html

So, I'm returning the favor. $28.99 a box, and free shipping over $99. I bought 4 boxes the first time. I just received my second order of 4 more boxes. Two local places, a 'health foods store' and a supplements store both claimed to carry them, but were out for weeks. So, I just ordered 'em online. I will likely just continue to do so.
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've just located a Popeyes near my town...never even imagined they'd have them
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 4-5 in a row before on an unintentional binge... don't recommend it.

And just as a side note...how on earth did you eat 3 in a row?? :/ omg
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP's question, my best luck has been at health food stores and at Popeye's supplements. Never seen them in GNC in these parts (BC).
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you have the Vitamin Shoppe there, they might carry them. The ones in the US do. I like the white chocolate raspberry and the cookies and cream.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input but I think once in a lifetime would be fine...especially if it fits in my calorie allottment

I find all these opinions hilarious. If you don't like them, don't eat them.. If they don't fill you up, don't eat them. If they are too expensive for you... then, you guessed it, DON'T EAT THEM.... but you definitely can't call them "glorified candy bars" My favorite flavor has 170 calories.. 20 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber. So in the full bar that's 22 calories that are not protein or fiber... YEAH, 22 calories... I can make that fit into my allotment!

Personally I enjoy quest bars. I think they're delicious they provide me with a good dose of protein while satisfying my sweet tooth. Yeah, they're pricey but I use coupons and buy them when they're on sale at GNC so I save a bit there. I know there are GNC stores in Ontario and I know that GNC carries Quest bars... BUT I don't know if GNC in Canada carries Quest. Call them and see .
    LMAO, I like, and eat them too.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    Thanks! I've just located a Popeyes near my town...never even imagined they'd have them

Not a problem :) I can almost promise they will be cheaper than anyone else, but if for some reason they aren't, they should price match ???? (As I said, each are individually owned so I can't speak for other stores)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Don't eat them. You could eat so much more food for the same amount of calories and will fill you up more and cost less.

Maybe some people like and can afford them? Maybe some people find them helpful for getting in extra protein? Maybe some people find that they satisfy their sweet tooth and don't use up so many calories? Don't be so quick to bash something.

Amazon has them.

I don't like the way they taste, personally...although the apple pie one was sort-of OK when I zapped it for 5 seconds in the microwave.
  • maskedbelleza
    maskedbelleza Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've walked into a 4 different health food stores in Ontario in the last month and all of them sold Quest Bars. Some of them only offered a couple of flavours and they were almost ALWAYS out of cookies and cream/cookie dough. I've enjoyed most of the flavours. They ARE super pricey, so I can't buy very many. I just like the convenience of them. (Toss one in my bag and go)
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    I would like to add, they have been hard for stores to stock the last couple months. We order seriously several pallets at a time and we are sold out before the next skid can come in. The supplier is having a hard time keeping up with the demand.
  • Chrissy8172
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. I eat them for breakfast sometimes when I'm on-the-go, or if I'm in the mood for a sweet dessert I will heat up a chocolate chip cookie dough one in the microwave for a few secs with some Hershey's dark chocolate chips on top. It feels so decadent, but it isn't. If they fit into your macros, go for it!
  • motormouse81
    motormouse81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hmmm just tried my first Quest bar - chocolate brownie. Not a mars bar but not terrible, might try the microwave thing. I put one on my desk after my post lunch sugar craving kicked in. It did stop me from going to the kitchen - win. Held out till 3 and had the bar. It sure was filling!

What concerned me a little was that I felt nauseous and headachy straight afterwards. I've never had a reaction like this to food before. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and might try another flavor next time to see if I get the same result. I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced this?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Make them yourself! It is pretty easy, I stick them in the freezer to avoid temptations. Also, I make them smaller so fewer cals per serving...

http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html
  • itsadogslife
    itsadogslife Posts: 209
    Options
    I recommend the chocolate chip cookie dough baked in the oven for a bit..

While I dislike the fact they use sucralose, they do hit the sweet tooth when I'm trying to be extra conscientous about what I'm eating. On the same token, they are a pretty penny and ocntain sucralose.. so I've defiinitely cut back. The consequence is I've developed an unhealthy addiction to Chicago Mix popcorn.. aka crackcorn.
  • itsadogslife
    itsadogslife Posts: 209
    Options
    hmmm just tried my first Quest bar - chocolate brownie. Not a mars bar but not terrible, might try the microwave thing. I put one on my desk after my post lunch sugar craving kicked in. It did stop me from going to the kitchen - win. Held out till 3 and had the bar. It sure was filling!

What concerned me a little was that I felt nauseous and headachy straight afterwards. I've never had a reaction like this to food before. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and might try another flavor next time to see if I get the same result. I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced this?

Hey, it might be the sucralose. i find I also don't feel the best afterwards, its not just you. Try to come up with an alternative. I've made "cookie butter" by putting cashews, coconut sugar and cinnamon into the food processor with a bit of coconut oil. It makes cashew butter, but it tastes like gingerbread cookies because of the coconut sugar and cinnamon.. worth a shot if you're looking for a healthy sweet tooth fix.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Make them yourself! It is pretty easy, I stick them in the freezer to avoid temptations. Also, I make them smaller so fewer cals per serving...

http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html

Nice! I just attempted to make this, not sure how it'll taste. Quest bars have a lot of fiber. Did you modify the recipe to include some? If so, what did you use? She also gave a really large amount of honey I had to stop at just past the half way point. My "bar" has 320 calories and little fiber... Probably more like two bars hopefully

Edit: this is definitely going in the sweets rotation! :blushing: so I could buy cashew butter but I'd need to figure out the coconut part of it to do the coconut cashew recipe knockoff. And still need to figure out the fiber

Whoops. The previous poster already answered one of my questions. Coconut sugar, huh. What else will they make :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    So coconut sugar doesn't actually taste like coconut. I'll try [possibly imitation] coconut flavor instead in the spice area of grocery store
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    skip the bars in general they are just glorified candy bars with a little extra protein....

Right. Because I've recently seen a Snickers / Reese's Cup with 1g sugar and 7g carbs, along with 20g protein.