after dinner I still have calories left but am -1 with prote

Options
Today is my first day on my new plan. After entering my dinner I have found that I have calories remaining that I can have but under protein it shows a -1.......any tips? Should I refrain possibly from having an evening snack like fruit or will it hurt to have a yougurt and then will I be having to much protein?.....Live and learn I guess!!;)

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    How much protein is too much on your diet?

It takes a crap ton of protein over a long period of time to cause any kind of damage.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi! My advice would be to eat! It is definitely okay to eat more protein... alot of people here will tell you that protein is actually good in terms of diet as it promotes building muscles which actually helps you to lose more fat in the long run.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I thought your body could only absorb 10 grams per hour, and that everything else was just wasted anyways.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Being a little over on protein isn't a big deal. If you're hungry, eat a snack since you have the cals.
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I kinda figured extra protein could not be that bad. Guess I did not like seeing the -1 (in red). First day...living and learning!! Thanks again:)
  • jillerin457
    Options
    Hi! My advice would be to eat! It is definitely okay to eat more protein... alot of people here will tell you that protein is actually good in terms of diet as it promotes building muscles which actually helps you to lose more fat in the long run.

"A lot of people" made me laugh -- anybody with any sense should tell you that! ;) But seriously, protein is good for you. So are fat, sugar, and carbs. You just can't go overboard or you have problems. Fortunately, protein is the hardest of all those to have too much of. Especially if you're a woman, that extra protein probably means you're getting enough iron, which most of us don't!

So I say, don't worry about it all. Like everyone on these boards says, EAT YOUR CALORIES so you don't go into starvation mode and end up gaining more!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over in Fiber and Protein and I hate seeing the red too, but as long as I'm not over in Fat or Cals I don't worry about it. I only worry a little when I'm over in carbs.
  • msdebg
    msdebg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how many calories and what your ratios are. What fiber count do you have? Weight watchers would probably say you could bank SOME of those calories for another day during the week.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    The only problem with too much protein is that it can cause liver or kidney damage as these filter out the excess protein. But this only happens to people who consume massive amount of protein over a very long period of time.

Don't worry about it.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I pretty much ALWAYS go over on my protein and fibre.

Its been 6 months and so far I'm not dead or gravely ill...
  • rjmalovany
    rjmalovany Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm always over or under at the end of the day. It would be impossible to hit every goal every day without some sort of super crazy routine of measured meals. Probably a good idea to take note of where you are each day and change a habit or two if it's way off, but so many things can throw it off. Today, I ate a big bowl of veggie soup for lunch that comes out to having SOOO many carbs, but they are all good, natural carbs, so I'm ok with that.

Also, I would be concerned if you're way over on fat or sugar than protein. but you have to learn your own body. I can go WAY over in fat and still lose, but if I go over in sugar, I'm a mess. I'm sure lots of people are the opposite.
  • adellepuppy
    Options
    Soy Crisps are good for protein. Also soy cheese if you can get used to the texture.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Think of Protien, Fiber, and the vitamins, etc at goals to REACH, not things to stay under. You need to stay under the fat, calories, carbs, sodium, etc. But don't worry about going over for the other stuff. I wish we could change it so you were in red if you didn't weat enough of those things, and green when you reach your goal...