What have I done to myself

Options
strbryt
strbryt Posts: 488 Member
Hello,
Today is my first dayon this program. I have lost weight several times in the past and it keeps finding it's way back to my belly. I honestly want this time to be different. I do know that I am not strong enough to do it on my own. I need the accountability or I will fall flat on my face once again. It is kinda sad to admit that I mean I am a grown up. I do things on my own all the time. I work several jobs, tend to my home and family. Yet somehow I can't seem to tend to myself. I am hoping to change that about myself. If there is anyone who wants to keep each other informed so we have that gentle push that we need then please feel free to contact me.

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I have lost weight several times before...almost 90 pounds 2 years ago and now I've gained it all back and then some. I'm starting over as of 01/01/11 and would be happy to help out any way I can. I could sure use the help myself!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined on July 4, 2010 and have lost 56 pounds since then.. Lots of support and motivation here. I know you will love it here too! I too have lost weight many times only to regain it all back plus more. This time, I decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, I will be glad to help support and motivate you along the way! You can do this!
  • encapsulate
    Options
    Hi, I know what you mean. I have recently reached the conclusion that instead of moaning and punishing myself (with negative thoughts and another sandwich), I should better just leave the sofa and the laptop and go outside. For a walk at least. I had this gorgeous fitness routine for approximately 4 months, I stopped 5 months ago and now it is even harder to get back on the right track.

But the fact that you are here is a proof that YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. :-)

So, congratulations!
  • svaldez5689
    Options
    I am happy to be here as a support/accountability for you. No problem. We all need it. Congratulations on deciding to make a change and finding support to help you through it. It is difficult, but you can do it. You can lean on me anytime as long as I can lean back when I need it too. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sandra Valdez
  • msdebg
    msdebg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I certainly think you have come to the right place. It's a good support system and we can encourage each other. You took the first step, "it's a good thing!"
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I joined 9/1/10 and have lost 26 lbs since than!
  • LissaLou
    Options
    Good luck! I am just starting my weight loss journey as well. So, far I really love this site. I started this new year off with the thought "New Year, New Me!" and for me it isn't just about losing my weight its about me changing my life completely. I am having all four of my wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow so that is going to really help my diet... I am trying to stay positive about this because I have a HUGE fear of the dentist/oral surgeons, and I am beyond nervous about tomorrow morning.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am just starting my weight loss journey as well. So, far I really love this site. I started this new year off with the thought "New Year, New Me!" and for me it isn't just about losing my weight its about me changing my life completely. I am having all four of my wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow so that is going to really help my diet... I am trying to stay positive about this because I have a HUGE fear of the dentist/oral surgeons, and I am beyond nervous about tomorrow morning.

I was petrified of getting mine out! It's TRULY not anywhere near as bad as you think. I was almost in tears going in and left with a "what's the big deal" feeling. Good luck!
  • lauranell
    lauranell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "what have I done to myself' is exactly what I said when I saw a recent picture of myself.
    Good luck and let's take care of ourselves.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Ya'll can do anything you put your mind to.. I am here for each and everyone of you.. You got this Amber!!
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I'm new here and this site is so encouraging reading this stuff. I'm excited about dropping the weight again!!
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I have lost weight numerous times in the past but I can't get motivated now. Today is a brand new day and I'm determine to get it off and keep it off.
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all! You can do it ! Just look at familygirl's and junewarners and a gal Tammie. They have been where we are now and are where we hope and want to be.

They had determination and desire. I am sure that there may have been days when things got tough but they worked through it and probably relied on their friends for a pick me up.

Make many mini goals to keep you focus. (like 10lbs) Once you achieve these goals you will feel better about yourself and your abilities. These goals will be stepping stones to your bigger goals. Perhaps at 20 or 25 then 50lbs you can reward yourself with a new shirt or pants..remember to buy a little snug to keep you going to fit into them..lolololo

But one thing is for sure..if you are having a rough time or fell off..get back on.. Tell someone..because we can't give you the needed support if you don't loggin or don't say a word!

So I am here and I do have mini goals and bigger goals I need to post. My first being 8 lbs by Jan 27th. The reward will be grand!! lol

This is "my year" make it your.. "my year"
    Hope to see you all on the success board come the end of the year
    Goaliema
  • msdebg
    msdebg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tamara,
    I just looked at your stats, you are amazing, and an inspiration!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome aboard. You are in the right place for motiovation and support.
    Ive been here since July and altho I went off track a little during the holidays I have been very successfull.
    When you really want it this is definitely a great way of doing it.

The principles behind this method will stand you in great stead for a long term life style chnage that we help you avhieve your goal.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. some weeks you might not lose or even gain, but by logging everything you eat you can see where you went off track and learn from that.

Good Luck, try to get a group of friends on here who will comment and support you on your journey

Gem x