Spartan Sprint

Options
Hi Everybody. I was wondering if anyone has done a Spartan Sprint has any tips on upper body workouts that will help get prepared. I have one coming up in a little over a month and was horrified this weekend when I tried to go across monkey bars at a playground and just kind of hung there. I know that's typically an obstacle. Other than push ups and burpees, does anyone have any recommendations for upper body workouts that can help? Thanks! Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pull ups.. even if they are assisted...
    They will help with getting over the walls, out of the mud pits and up the rope climb
    rows...
    These will help with rope pulls. etc
    Good luck! I had a blast
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Always so helpful :flowerforyou:

I think the worst part of a Spartan is cardio, if you can climb up the walls and rope, good for you but if you fail you will still need to climb the hills and do all the burpees...

I tell everyone to focus on the cardio aspect.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    or you can be like 25% of the runners and skip the obsticles and burpees lol. which is stupid, y spend 100 bucks and NOT do it.

Pull ups for sure. pretty much anything weight envolved the back, the rope climb, there was a obsticle where you had to hoist a weight in the air via a rope and pulley. even the walls will be much easier if you can do at least one pull up.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    you had to do the farmer walk right before the monkey bars on mine. other then that i think they would have been cake, a lot of people did wash out on them.

what i found so surprising was the fact that there isn't necessairly a 'line' at the obsticles. its basically first to step up, or biggest balls goes first lol.

there will be just a mass of humanity at an obsticle and you can just assert yourself.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have no advise - I just wanted to say: Good luck! I am doing my first Spartan next month, too. So scared... I have a pull up bar that I have been just hanging from... And I have been doing where you start at the top and try to lower yourself down slowly.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    ^^ perfect!
  • jlg3797
    jlg3797 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, those are great ideas and I will check out those groups.